micrologix 1100 fault code

hackj0632

my micrologix 1100 just went into a blinking fault state when i tried uploading a different program with a different ip address. the fault code is 0187h.(on the display) i had my ip address set to 192.168.1.100 and it now displays 192.168.4.36. when i try running rslinc classic in notices the different ip address but i get a 0x4 error when i try to connect.(on my laptop) any help would be great. it would be awesome if someone could tell me if i fried my 1100 lol thanks

I don't have the manual handy currently at home but it sounds like you may have lost the program on the micrologix and may have had an error when you uploaded you may have to clear the micrologix program back to the default address and use that address to establish a connection then load the new address. RSlinx comes with a Boottp utility that you can use set the IP in Boottp to the new address then change it using the same utility then reload the program.

according to the second manual it sounds like a configuration error so follow the second manual you may need the instruction set to further diagnose the error code itself 1763-RM001

the bootp/dhcp configuration tool has not effect. i enter the mac ip address and the ip address and there is no responce from the plc. what is the alternative to clear the fault. or could i connect to the plc via the 8 pin terminal and then clear the fault?

forgot to mention disconnect the faulted ethernet module and ping your network with the uploaded address and make sure its not a duplicate address on the network you will have to use the same network subnet and an IP range similar or close to the addresses by changing the properties of your network card on your laptop. The ethernet module will hopefully be BOOTTP enabled and not password protected but you should be able to see it by connecting to the micrologix via the Rs 232 connection to change the ethernet settings as well

thanks for all the help, made my own comm cable set the plc to program mode, set DF1 to default. back online thanks guys

my micrologix 1100 just went into a blinking fault state when i tried uploading a different program with a different ip address. .....

Just to be clear, I assume you meant to say downloading not uploading.

Download = transfer a program file TO the PLC to the PC
Upload = transfer a program file FROM the PLC to the PC

Wenever you do a download to a Micrologix, and the communication configuration in the file you are downloading is different to what is current in the processor, you will get a prompt come up asking you whether you want to change the online configuration, or not. Its your choice. Usually you say No to this prompt, because saying Yes will drop you offline, but it depends on circumsances.