You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Dr4k3
Brazil

LS PLC (LG) programming (via KGL WIN)

Hello folks,

I'm developing a simple application with a LS (LG) PLC... 120S model. I'm not accustomed with his programming software: KGL WIN...
So, in my application i must to read a simple analog input, but i dont know how it is called in my ladder logic...somebody here knows the name of analog input to use in KGL WIN?
For example.. i already know that digital inputs starts with P000, and digital outputs starts with P040... But what about analog inputs?

Thnx !
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Mark-
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Hello,

I am not sure because I have not looked lately but, I do not recall seeing any specific analog input addressing with LS. I would "assume" it is configured to store the values in the 'D' (data register) memory area.

Or you must configure to store it in 'D' memory.

Good luck,

Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com/

After a good meal.

Now, I have looked. In manual: User’s Manual LG Programmable Logic Controller MASTER-K 120S series, it list the data registers for the different module types and position.

Last edited by Mark-; March 4th, 2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: More data...
Old April 24th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #3
moy_05
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4k3 View Post
Hello folks,

I'm developing a simple application with a LS (LG) PLC... 120S model. I'm not accustomed with his programming software: KGL WIN...
So, in my application i must to read a simple analog input, but i dont know how it is called in my ladder logic...somebody here knows the name of analog input to use in KGL WIN?
For example.. i already know that digital inputs starts with P000, and digital outputs starts with P040... But what about analog inputs?

Thnx !
hello, i can help you, im work in ls mexico. and i work with this software gl win and the xg5000 for newest models.

you right....the gigital inputs and outputs are with P00000 in hexadecimal

if you want to use a simple data use d0000, d0001 ( decimal)

for example push f10 when you have open kglwin and put a click in the area of ladder program. put this

mov D0000 D00001

this instruction only move the variable

in mexico call Analog when use a special device, this device use 0-10v or 0-20ma, 4-20ma ...etc

you need configurate in parametters the analog that you will use. plase tell me the model of you special device (expansion module)

sorry if you dont understand me, im speak spanish and a little english but if you need something about this plc i can help you ok,

my mail is

mbahena_05@yahoo.com.mx
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum