You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 8th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #1
wdd0422
United States

C-more PLC communication time out error PLC-001

I'm using a Automation Direct DO-O5DR PLC with a DO-DCM 2 port comms card. All I am doing is displaying the high speed input count on the screen. There are a couple more lines in the program but this is basically it. I keep getting a "PLC-001:PLC communications timeout" error. It is only the displays on the comm card that are doing this. I have it configured for RS 232 communications. I changed the baud from 9600 t0 32400 and it seemed to help. Sometimes when I have the error it will not update the screen for a few seconds. Is there anything I can do about this or is it a limitation I will have to live with? Right now I have everything setup on the bench. They will be within 50' of the PLC but is this something that may get worse with distance
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #2
rlawson
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdd0422 View Post
I have it configured for RS 232 communications. I changed the baud from 9600 t0 32400 and it seemed to help.
Have you tried using either on the onboard DL-05 ports to connect to the Cmore, to see if the problem remains? I'm not sure how fast you need the communication to be. But Port 1 is fixed at 9600 baud, port 2 will go up to 38,400 baud. If you are only monitoring 1 tag on the Cmore, the screen refresh rate should be reasonably quick.

If you are lucky about 50 feet is all you will get from RS232 with a good cable.

Last edited by rlawson; April 8th, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum