You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 28th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Aiden McMillan
Australia

Smile Finding the license number in Step 7 V5.1

Looking for a little guidance in regard to digging out an installed license number.

I have a process line which has Siemens Step 7 Version 5.1 service pack 1 installed at the Scada console. I need to record the license number associated with this install to kick start a new service agreement with our local reps (support, service packs, etc), and I can't find the license number or where it is recorded in the software. Due to the age of the Installed Step 7, the hard copy and soft copy of the license is gone and my only hope of recording the number is if Step 7 Version 5.1 has some sort of ancient license manager software or batch file/executable i can't find in the Step 7 directory.

I am used to using the license manager that is included in versions 5.3 and later of Step 7, which clearly states the license number used for the installed product.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #2
Bakkei
Netherlands

I'm not familiar with older Step7 packages, but you could check your C:\AX NF ZZ folder. (It is hidden by default, change folder options to see it in explorer)
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #3
Maitomies
Finland

There should be a program called Automation License Manager in the computer. In the start menus simatic folder or directly in path ..\Siemens\Automation License Manager\almapp\almappx.exe. At least when using automation license manager 4.0.

There you can see different license keys installed on different hard drives and atleast in 4.0 the number of the license.
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Aiden McMillan
Australia

Thankyou for the replies

Unfortunatly the version of step 7 that is installed is 5.1, and in saying that, there is no obvious license manager under any of the sub-directories. I was hoping that under C:\Siemens\step7\S7Bin there would be an executable or batch file that would either display or prompt me to update my license number for my install of step 7, but seeing as i have no backup or support, double-clicking on the random executables and having something fail is not a desirable solution.

Again thankyou for the replies.
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #5
STL???
United Kingdom

Look for "AuthorsW" inside your siemens installation folder or start menu - the Icon is a Red floppy disc.

On my computer its located in C:\SIEMENS\AuthorsW
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #6
bkottaras
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkei View Post
I'm not familiar with older Step7 packages, but you could check your C:\AX NF ZZ folder. (It is hidden by default, change folder options to see it in explorer)
make sure you canview hidden files and folders.Underthe above mentioned directory, look for *.ekb files.
These are the actual keys installed for authorization of your software.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #7
Aiden McMillan
Australia

Thank you to all who read and replied to my post

I have found that both solutions posted after my last post have pointed me to exactly where i needed. i assumed that AuthorsW was something to do with Authors of program files, not being an Authorisation program.

Again thank you very much all, for solving my issue
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Saperov
Russian Federation

For install old Simatic soft you can use any nonZero number: 111111....
0000.... for Demo mode.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum