Siemens Step5 on Windows7

Manglemender

Hello Forum members,

I'm curious... has anyone tried to run Siemens Step5 V7.23 on Windows7 yet?

I'm getting a new laptop and it will come with Windows7. I have a solution with VMware but I was wodering if it would run under Windows7.

Nick

Yes it runs in a tiny dos window that you cannot I repeat cannot resize. ie 640x480 resolution. Properties run in xp compatibility. Couldn't get the com246 add on working properly. But to be honest the resolution issue is a pain and it is better run on an XP machine or in VM.

solution that we are using: install XP and 7 on the same pc and boot on the right version depending what you have to do

Thanks for the answers,

I'm going to go with the VMware - XP solution for now and see how it goes. I'm also going to try VMWare - DOS to see if it overcomes the screen size issue.

Nick

A word of warning to anyone else wanting to run S5 in VMWare. Don't select more than 1 processor for the virtual machine or you end up with a blue screen when you go online.

Nick