PF 700 for on device net network

avkiv14

Hello all.
Could someone lead me on this?

I found a PF 700 out of order. this PF was on device net network with node 06 . card 20 comm D

Now I hooked up the new one and the 1756 DNB has a error 73 in this node.

all thing are supossed to be the same. I mean parameters in powerflex and 20 comm d .

I can see its data through the rsnetwork but not through logix5000

The old power flex was rev 4.4 ,, the new one is rev 8.00

thanks for helping me.

Have you tried changing your communications config to your drive to tell it it's rev 8.00?

Not sure whether you need to match revisions with drives, but if it's like everything else you probably do.

This is done through rslogix down the bottom left.. think it's the communication list.

Last edited:
Error code 73 is an Electronic Keying mismatch.

You need to update the electronic key configured in the scanner (easiest) or disable electronic keying for that node (not usually recommended).

Recent versions of RSNetworx for DeviceNet (v9 and v10) will automatically walk you through updating the key in the Scanner and the entry in the RSNetworx project.

The manual method is to remove the old device from the scanlist and the RSnetworx project, re-scan the network to discover the new device, and add the new device into the scanlist. You should understand the basics of RSNetworx for DeviceNet before you attempt this.

Electronic Keying is done to prevent a device from being controlled incorrectly based only on a Node Number and Data Size. It is an important function for the stability and reliability of the network and I recommend correcting the keying instead of disabling it.

PF700_Keying.png

If you decide to re-register the node make sure not to auto map because it will put the drive in the next available node address same with the inputs and output data