You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Robot_Man
United Kingdom

Toshiba EX series PLC Programming from PC

Hi Guys,

Yes - it's one of those 'old technology' calls aagain. I have been asked to modify the software in an existing system which has a Toshiba EX40 PLC. When I 'were a lad' we used to use a handheld LCD programmer, but that may have disappeared from the factory. I remember there being a PC (DOS) based suite available, which required an interface cable and (possibly) some kind of dongle?

Could anyone help me with this please - I'm after a link to download the software (EX-PDD I think) and some info. on the dongle. Plus, info. on the interface cable which I guess was possibly RS232 to RS423.

I also remember a later version of the software which possibly didn't require the 'dongle' - maybe called EX-PDT ??

Many thanks in advance!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Goody
United Kingdom

Not that is going to help you much - but everything you need has been totally obsolete for a good few years now.
In fact the dos software (pdd.exe) was so old that it won't run on even a slow modern pc. It loses connection all the time.

a few years back, I sold the lot on ebay; an Ex100 several versions of pdd.exe, the lead (that has a unique toshiba plug at one end)and the dongle.
It actually started a bidding war - so rare was the connecting equipment.

Somewhere on a dusty laptop I think I still have several versions of the software. I say several because it was possible to do work on EX series plc's using 2 versions without using the dongle. One version would only allow you to write to the plc and the other only to read (something like that) It was a farce but I did mange to alter software through this method
But good luck with the lead
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Robot_Man
United Kingdom

Hah - a cheery thought! The site in question has several of the Ex40's going strong, although their is rumour they will replace with AB sometime.... probably when the whole lot crashes and it's a panic job!

So in the short term they are not replacing. I will take a peek on Ebay. The connection lead at the PLC is RJ-45 I have seem commented? So one can use an ethernet cable and cut then connect to an appropriate interface converter....

In the meantime I am hopeing to cobble something together as I have downloaded the DOS based software and that 'runs' ok in a DOS pop-up until XP SP3 although I have no s/w program to load in or PLC to try it, or indeed interface lead or 'dongle'!

More advice required methinks!....
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:54 PM   #4
jrwb4gbm
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot_Man View Post
Hah - a cheery thought! The site in question has several of the Ex40's going strong, although their is rumour they will replace with AB sometime.... probably when the whole lot crashes and it's a panic job!

So in the short term they are not replacing. I will take a peek on Ebay. The connection lead at the PLC is RJ-45 I have seem commented? So one can use an ethernet cable and cut then connect to an appropriate interface converter....

Please note that the interface is NOT ethernet. The only thing in common is the type connector (RJ-45).

In the meantime I am hopeing to cobble something together as I have downloaded the DOS based software and that 'runs' ok in a DOS pop-up until XP SP3 although I have no s/w program to load in or PLC to try it, or indeed interface lead or 'dongle'!

More advice required methinks!....
See this thread for more information. Post #4 and #15 have cable and interface info.
Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=50546

I also sent a reply to your PM that has some additional info.

Last edited by jrwb4gbm; July 23rd, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #5
504bloke
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
England

If you have trouble and its a small change (not loads of programming) then i think i have the Tosh EX Hand Held Programmer kicking about somewhere, your welcome to borrow it if i can find it

Dave

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #6
rigicon
United Kingdom

Robot_Man follow the jrwb4gbm link I uploaded the software to hotfile.
pdd.exe The converter is basically a rs232 ttl 5v conversion as the toshiba port can only handle 5v.

Old July 17th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #7
rigicon
United Kingdom

Here's the software again
No dongle as this was free software - Dos based.

Here are the links to your recent upload:
Download link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/124340860/7a5b489/Pdd.zip.html

Forum link:
http://<a href="http://hotfile.com/d...d.zip.html</a>

HTML link:
<a href=&quot;http://hotfile.com/dl/124340860/7a5b489/Pdd.zip.html">http://hotfile.com/dl/124340860/7a5b489/Pdd.zip.html</a>

Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum