You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:04 PM   #1
natcheappan
India

Reg: RSLinx

Hi Everybody,

i had RSlinx version 2.2 and now i tried to install RSlinx version 2.41 without uninstalling the older version. the system gave a message "a older version of RSlinx is already present".
so i tried to unistall RSLinx 2.2, the system done the uninstallation and gave a message: "uninstallation completed successfully, but you have to remove few components manually".

what were the files and locations i have to remove?

can anybody suggest a solution for this, because without removing it the system didnt accept installation of RSLinx 2.41.

regards
N.Natcheappan
Old July 24th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #2
BobB
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

I cannot help you with RSLinx but this is one of my great annoyances with industrial software. The darned installation program should take care of this automatically!
Although AB software leaves things running and this may contribute to your problem. I run AB software in a virtual box - shut down the VB and shut down AB software.
The other annoyance with industrial software is most (all?) brands leave the registery full of garbage. I always run Registery Mecahanic to clean the registery out when either installing or uninstalling industrial software.

Old July 24th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #3
chavak
Malaysia

This topic is discussed many times here, please do a search on uninstall RSLinx, I'm sure you get a lot of response

Anyway here is the search link, just filter out those relevant. BTW I would download a newer version if wanted to upgrade, I guess it is at Ver 2.58 something, and the lite version is free

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search....archid=1887406
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Gil47
New Zealand

If you did not shut down RSLinx before you tried the uninstall you may still see the RSLinx icon on the task bar beside the clock at bottom right.

If by a remote chance it is there, right click on it to stop it, then try reloading the software,

Another remote option is go to control panel, then to add remove programs, and see if RSLinx is in the list of programs, if it is do an uninstall from there.

I know I may be grasping at straws, good luck.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #5
natcheappan
India

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your responses.
i got this problem solved.
when anyboy face a similar situation, just go to the registry editor and delete all entries marked with RSLINX.

do these steps...

start - run - type regedit - search for RSLinx - delete one by one all the entries marked with RSlinx.

after finishing this we can install the new version of RSLinx. now you wont face any issues.

thanks
Nachi
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #6
Gil47
New Zealand

Brave man

Registry files make me Ahhhh Ummm scared
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum