You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 10th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #1
mainstreetmark
United States

Downloading to PLC causes Controlnet to fail 16#0812 (Logix)

I have a Logix 5000 system, r16.57, set up for redundancy, with a number of other Logix PLCs on a ControlNet network.

My problem is that often (not always) when I do a download, ControlNet fails with a 16#0812 - "Unknown" error. My only solution is to completely reschedule ControlNet - a process that takes several annoying minutes since it wants to scan all the way up to address 100, followed by manually keying 7 CPUs back into Remote Run.

What is error #0812?
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #2
bjjohns
United States

What version of RSNetworx for controlnet are you using? I am running 9.0 and that error code is not listed.

You can reduce the scan of the network by limiting the network size to 1 more than your highest node address (If you have a 07 address, you limit the network to 08, or maybe 09). You want to leave a little more for unscheduled network connections (which is what your rsnetworx for control net is doing). You do this in the ->Network->Properties dialog box from the top menu.
Old August 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #3
mainstreetmark
United States

9.00.00 (cpr 9 sr 1)

Ah, I forgot about that max-unscheduled setting. That'll help a bit. Thanks.

Yeah, the error is displayed as Unknown in Logix itself, so it's definitely a goofy issue.

Incidently, Node 4 always gets skipped, since it (along with 5) was the old location of the redundant pair. Let me manually remove it. Maybe it's on the network tree because it WAS on the network tree last week.
Old August 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #4
bjjohns
United States

It might be worthwhile for you to run clearkeeper - it is on the cd for network, under tools. You can only run it when your processes are stopped. Then just rebuild the whole network from scratch.
Old August 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #5
mainstreetmark
United States

Seems to be working now.

Thanks!

I may have falsely assumed that starting with a new controlnet document would "clear" it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum