You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!


 
 
plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.
 
Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!


Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #1
pausebreak42
Member
United States

pausebreak42 is offline
 
pausebreak42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mars
Posts: 2
Visual simulator

Hi there...

I have looked around a bit and found a PLC simulator for Siemens at http://personales.ya.com/canalPLC/ which works good enough.

I am using the PC_SIMU program parallel with it, to simulate the process visually, but don't like the blocky pixel-art visualisation of it.

Is there any way of changing the graphics of PC_SIMU or any other Siemens simulators capable of visual presentation with customizable graphics?


Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #2
JRW
Member
United States

JRW is offline
 
JRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 1,154
You mean the conveyor one?
I don't think I've seen the source code. If you use plcsim and wincc flex, just make your own
Or simaticnet comes with an actveX, make your own with VB

Just an idea
  Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Thomas_v2
Member
Germany

Thomas_v2 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ger
Posts: 71
Hi,
some time ago I did some tests connecting Siemens PLCSIM to Blender 3d-graphics software. The blender game engine includes a small physics engine.
Blender is open source GPL software, but it's not really easy to use :-(

I've uploaded two very simple demos with plcsim and blender to youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpgmizDDM7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XULbimzMxM
  Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:42 AM   #4
flukie
Member
Belgium

flukie is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Posts: 59
@Thomas v2. Can you give more information about how you did the connection between PLCSIM and Blender? It looks cool...
  Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #5
pausebreak42
Member
United States

pausebreak42 is offline
 
pausebreak42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: mars
Posts: 2
Well, thanks for your replies...

Thomas > Your examples look fine, but I still can't figure out how to use Blender - tried to use it before but gave up.
Anywho, your post have led me to further search the net, where I have stumbled upon EasyPLC @ http://www.nirtec.com/

I'm gonna try it out and see if it is usefull for my needs...

Best regards
  Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #6
Thomas_v2
Member
Germany

Thomas_v2 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ger
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by flukie View Post
@Thomas v2. Can you give more information about how you did the connection between PLCSIM and Blender? It looks cool...
I use the COM-interface of PLCSIM (S7ProSim) to read and write data out of and into Plcsim. The manual of the S7ProSim object you can find as pdf-document in your Siemens Plcsim installation folder (e.g. C:\Siemens\Plcsim\s7manual\s7wsi ).

In Blender it is possible to use python as additional scripting language. I've written a small python-class which does the COM-interfacing to Plcsim.
You can add some trigger actions to Blender-objects. For example a "light barrier" object calls on collision a python function.. The function sets or resets a bit in the PLC.

If you once understood the unusual control concept of blender, it's fairly easy to use.

I've added a screenshot how the blender objects are connected to the plc-addresses. The project is the conveyor demo from youtube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blender-plcsim-connection.jpg (68.1 KB, 172 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Dis1
Member
Belgium

Dis1 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Izegem
Posts: 1
Hello, I've also been looking for a way to visualize PLC-data in a 3D-environment. I've tried Blender but it's a bit difficult to learn without any examples. Could you perhaps share your Blender-project with us so I can learn from it?

Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_v2 View Post
I use the COM-interface of PLCSIM (S7ProSim) to read and write data out of and into Plcsim. The manual of the S7ProSim object you can find as pdf-document in your Siemens Plcsim installation folder (e.g. C:\Siemens\Plcsim\s7manual\s7wsi ).

In Blender it is possible to use python as additional scripting language. I've written a small python-class which does the COM-interfacing to Plcsim.
You can add some trigger actions to Blender-objects. For example a "light barrier" object calls on collision a python function.. The function sets or resets a bit in the PLC.

If you once understood the unusual control concept of blender, it's fairly easy to use.

I've added a screenshot how the blender objects are connected to the plc-addresses. The project is the conveyor demo from youtube.
  Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:28 AM   #8
Thomas_v2
Member
Germany

Thomas_v2 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ger
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis1 View Post
Hello, I've also been looking for a way to visualize PLC-data in a 3D-environment. I've tried Blender but it's a bit difficult to learn without any examples. Could you perhaps share your Blender-project with us so I can learn from it?
Hi,
I've written a small documentation how you get blender and plcsim to work. It's written in german, but there are several screenshots in it so I think the basic installations you will get without understanding german. Otherwise ask for the missing things.

If you send me a PM with your email adress, I will send you a zip file (~2,5 MB) with:
- documentation (in german)
- 3 simple blender demos (simply moving a cube, conveyors, portalrobot)
- Step7 project to control the demos
- python class to connect blender to plcsim

If you put some effort in your blender scenes, you could get some really nice simulations, as you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdeiB0ZiwM
  Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM   #9
ason
Member
Sweden

ason is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Home
Posts: 306
Hey, i really like this,
is there any chance that i can try our demo also?
__________________
Best Regards,

Ason
  Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #10
Dr.SITRAIN.USA
Member
United States

Dr.SITRAIN.USA is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Atlanta Area
Posts: 1
Really nice work!

Hello Thomas,
You have some really nice work! Are you still able to share information regarding this work?
Thank you,
Dr.SITRAIN.USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_v2 View Post
Hi,
I've written a small documentation how you get blender and plcsim to work. It's written in german, but there are several screenshots in it so I think the basic installations you will get without understanding german. Otherwise ask for the missing things.

If you send me a PM with your email adress, I will send you a zip file (~2,5 MB) with:
- documentation (in german)
- 3 simple blender demos (simply moving a cube, conveyors, portalrobot)
- Step7 project to control the demos
- python class to connect blender to plcsim

If you put some effort in your blender scenes, you could get some really nice simulations, as you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdeiB0ZiwM
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keyence Serial Communication with Visual Basic rwj1313 LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 6 August 1st, 2013 07:06 AM
Servo Axis Simulator - Hardware version Contr_Conn LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 26 September 16th, 2008 06:53 AM
s7-200 (canal Plc) simulator problem... cavusogullari LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 0 February 1st, 2006 11:38 AM
Simulator, Simulation, Shadow Code Terry Woods LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 1 January 2nd, 2005 01:40 PM
Siemens step7 coupled with visual basic Wim Vrints LIVE PLC Questions And Answers 1 September 27th, 2003 04:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


.