Connecting a rotary encoder to PLC??

Weivreif

Good Afternoon,

I need help on connecting a rotary encoder to an Omron PLC CPM1A. The encoder im using is SUMTAK OPTCODER which has the ff terminals:

1 A RED
2 B GREEN
3 Z YELLOW
4 0V PINK
5 0V BLUE
6 0V ORANGE
7 5V WHITE
8 0V BLACK
9 SHLD GRAY

I connected phase-A, phase-B, phase-Z to input terminal 0.00, 0.01, 0.02 on the PLC respectively. I connected the encoder to a 5v supply. Then I enabled the high speed counter on the CPM1A PLC using cx programmer. PLC is on common negative configuration but its connected to a diff power supply since it's 24v. Used the PRV command to read the encoder values but the value is stuck at "0".

Anything wrong with my setup? Thanks

Thanks a lot BSS, didnt notice that. since we dont have a 24v encoder. we might need to use an optocoupler. but aside from that anything else that you might recommend?