Allen-Bradley * failed to find the baud and parity

Ahmadbasha

I have at work CompactLogix L32E , and Company Laptop doesn't have COM Port , i bought RadioShak USB Serial , i try to connect and make Auto Configure and i had this message failed to find the baud and parity usb rs232 , i try the same on my Private Laptop (it has COM Built-in) and same Problem , then i called someone and told me that i need Two Cables , One is 9300-USBS because i don't have COM in laptop and if i have i don't need it , and to make connect i need 2711-NC13 Cable , and Make Auto Configure when all is connected in CPU

My question is << why i need to use the 9300-USBS and not the USB RS232 Normal Cable ,
and all i said is true or not , i need to make connect to Upload a project , by Cable not ethernet

Not all USB to serial adapters work. Not all USB to serial adapters work when trying to use autoconfigure, they may work if you manually configure the setting.

The 9200-USBs is made by AB it should work. Another good brand is a "Keyspan".

The 2711-NC13 cable is a straight thru cable. You need a null-modem cable connected to your USB to serail adapter. The 1756-CP3 will work. Or any null-modem cable will do.

Once you get your cable issue sorted out make sure you identify the correct COM port that your USB adapter is using.

1. Right-click on the My Computer icon
  2. Select Manage
  3. Select the Device Manager on the left
  4. Expand the Ports section
  5. Identify the COM port for the USB adapter
  6. Close the Computer Management window
  7. Open RSLinx
  8. Select Communications
  9. Select Configure Drivers
  10. Select the RS-232 DF1 Devices driver
  11. Click Add New
  12. Enter a name for the driver and click OK
  13. Select the correct COM port as identified in step #5 above
  14. Click Auto-Configure
Hopefully now it will discover the correct com settings.

OG

You Said (The 2711-NC13 cable is a straight thru cable. You need a null-modem cable connected to your USB to serail adapter. The 1756-CP3 will work. Or any null-modem cable will do)

it will take time to buy this cable online ,, all i need to know if i make this Caple 1756-CP3 and connect it to the USB Serial , will work or not > Normail USB Serial i bought from RadioShak ,

i just have Laptop without COM PORT ,, and i bought USB RS232 from RadioShak can it work with any null-modem cable as you said or i Must use allen Bradely Usb cables ? ,, i read all you wrote but i'm Kinda Lost ,

i Must use allen Bradely Usb cables ?
Any null-modem cable will work. Get one from radio Shack.

One more thing ,, when i make Auto Configure ,, i must be connected to Allen Bradley CPU or Not ?
You must be connected. But again not all USB to serial adapters work with autoconfigure. Do you have the offline file for your processor? If so then check i's comm port configuration and use that to manually set up RSLinx if autoconfigure does not work.
You can also post the offline file ( zip it first) and someone can check the ports configuration for you.

One more thing ,, when i make Auto Configure ,, i must be connected to Allen Bradley CPU or Not ?

Think about this....

If you are NOT CONNECTED then how can you expect an "auto-configure" to be successful ?

How can an UNCONNECTED connection determine how the other end is configured ?

If you use a USB to serial adaptor that will not "auto-configure", then the attached shows the default settings for the serial port - it is unlikely that anyone has changed these settings unless they have used the serial port for another connection.

L32e.jpg

Thank you all , i have Now the USB - RS232 Cable from RadioShak , and i had the PinOut of Null-Modem Cable (1756-CP3) & 2711-NC3 and i will try connect them with Normal USB Serial cable , if not , i will use my Laptop (has COM Built-In) but tomorrow here weekend ,,Thank you all one more time

MR. Daba , sorry for my question , sound stupid for you , but i can't find these settings as in attach screen

I like the B&B Electronics 232USB9M. I've done a lot of work with DF1 and it's never let me down. With that said, I've never been able to get the "auto configure" to work. It uses handshaking lines and framing to figure out the word configuration (speed, parity, etc...) and it gets to corrupted in translation

I like the B&B Electronics 232USB9M. I've done a lot of work with DF1 and it's never let me down. With that said, I've never been able to get the "auto configure" to work. It uses handshaking lines and framing to figure out the word configuration (speed, parity, etc...) and it gets to corrupted in translation

Brand names "Keyspan" and "Aten" will autoconfigure.

http://plctrainer.net/

http://www.aten.com/products/produc...1&psid=20050117102915002&pid=2005022316346005

Last edited:
i finished work and my Laptop Made connect by USB RS232 from RadioShak then connect to 2711-NC13 Cable and it works perfect in seconds

Thank you all for helping me

I also have a relative question I’m going into microphone 1000 using a 2711-nc21 to a usb convert and I’m having trouble after I figure out the comm to find the baud and parity help asap please