S7-300/Profibus/ABB Drive

mihesperian

Hi
I have a S7-300 PLC and 11 ABB drives (acs800) equiped with RPBA-01 profibus module and

i want to connect them through a profibus network.
I have my software of PLC prepared and also all the physical connections are made. also

i have configured the abb drives based of their instruction manual and also my HW

configuration in PLC is ready.

BUT the problem is that ABB drives donot detect the RPBA-01 modules and also my s7-300

donot detect any profibus network.
- please tell me what should i do to enable my profibus network
- what is the standard procedure to download all HW config and user program to the PLC .

(( maybe i donot download my programs correctly))

- what should i do to introduce RPBA-01 to the ABB drives.

THANSKSSSS

the RPBA-01 modules need to be configured - this done by your HW config and Profibus network configuration.
you will need to go online to the processor
Select the 'Program mode' and upload the HW configuration

It has been a little while for me - have you downloaded all the GSD's for the ABB Drives?
Are they setup in your HW Config Profibus layout?

Go to Group 98 in the drive, then to Parameter 02 and set it for Fieldbus. That opens up Group 51 which you have to go thru and set the appropriate parameters.

Once the fieldbus module is set up properly, then you need to point the various drive operations to the communications sytem rather than the keypad or terminal strip. So, for example, if you want start/stop/direction control to be from the fieldbus, you need to go to Group 10 Parameter 01 and set that for Comm. For the speed reference, go to Group 11 Parameter 03 and set that to Comm.

The command and status words are visible in Group 03 Parameters 01 thru 03.