You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #1
buoanventura
Italy

Aentr problem

Hi, I have problem with Aentr and compact logix sistem:

1769-L32E ethernet
1734-AENTR Adapter

Set ip adress with Bootp_dhcp.
I see the aentr on linx, ping is ok but on I/O configuration the module has error (connection time out). All the led (aentr) are green only the network status flash green every 20-30 sec.

I try to reset the module but the problem persist
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #2
IN2-H2O
United States

What revision is all your hardware at? I just started researching installing one of these and the 6th page of the manual outlines what revisions are necessary.

Quote:

If using the adapter with a 1756-ENBT module, 1768-ENBT module or an L3xE processor, use the following required firmware versions for these bridge modules:
If you use the BootP utility to assign IP addresses to the adapter, use version 2.3.2 or greater. • 1756-ENBT firmware version 4.5 or greater • 1768-ENBT firmware version 2.1 or greater • L3xE processor firmware version 17 or greater
http://literature.rockwellautomation...n028_-en-e.pdf

I'm looking to see if I can use one of these to connect a Micrologix 1400 to Controllogix5000 so please post up how your install has gone.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum