You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 20th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #1
FNC
United States

Question Importing RSView32 into FactoryTalk ME?

I see in Factory Talk how to import from PanelBuilder, PanelBuilder 1400 or PanelView Terminal.

Can I import an entire RSView 32 project?
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

RSView32 is most similar to FactoryTalk View SE, so the migration tool works only in FactoryTalk View Studio for migration to SE Distributed or SE Standalone.

Consider a function like a Button; in RSView32 and FactoryTalk View SE, a Button object has an Action which can be any RSView command like Go To Display or Set Tag or Execute Macro.

In PanelBuilder and FactoryTalk View ME there is no Button object, but rather Momentary, Maintained, Latched, and Multi-State Pushbuttons, and Ramp buttons, and Macro buttons, and Go To Display buttons. Everything's defined into simplified objects.

So in short: No, you cannot import an RSView32 project into FactoryTalk View Studio ME.
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Mark Buskell
United States

No need to import using RSView 32. Just copy the entire directory from one computer to another and then use RSView 32 to open it. The extension with the "rsv" is the project you will be opening.
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Operaghost
United States

Hmm, I can't quite make heads or tails of Mark's comment. But, you can attempt to add a RSView32 display into FT View. As long as the objects on the display are compatible you can try it. But as Ken says, View32 and ME are not directly equivalent.

In FT View right click on the Display editor and select "Add Component...". Then point to the RSView32 project folder and the GFX subfolder.

OG
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM   #5
FNC
United States

I have tried adding RSView display to no avail. I guess it is not possible.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM   #6
jkerekes
United States

I haven't tried this, so I don't know what the results should be, but here it goes. Do you need just parts of the RSView32 display or all of it? What you could try is to convert the RSView32 screens to FTView SE ones. Then Export the converted screens to XML. Then create a blank ME screen. Export that to XML. Then by copying and pasting pieces of the SE XML components into the ME XML file. Then re-import the ME XML file back into a native ME screen. This might be more work that it's worth.
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM   #7
jkerekes
United States

No, my idea doesn't work very well. Object created in SE have additional attributes that don't exist in ME. There are too many edits required to make this feasible.
Old April 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #8
jgrassel
United States

I have a customer who wants to copy a significant portion of an existing RSVIEW 32 application to a new PanelVIEW Plus 1500 HMI. It seems like Factory Talk View Site Edition has the capability to import the project, but can that software download it do the PanelVIEW PLus 1500? OR, does the the PanelVIEW Plus require Factory Talk View Machine Edition, which will not support importing/converting the project?
Thank you for your help and assistance!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum