You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Demontager
Ukraine

Mitsubishi Fx3U-64M+Fx2N-64MR

I got a question regarding Fx3U-64M and Fx2N-64MR PLCs controllers.
The situation is as followed:

I'm working at ship and it has Bow Thruster and Stern Thruster and these thrusters have above mentioned PLCs. Once old one PLC Fx2N-64MR was damaged by salt water and it was on Bow Thruster.
Without a spare PLC i just removed working PLC from Stern Thruster and installed it to Bow Thruster.
Then my company sent a new PLC as they said new model- Fx3U-64, and I have installed it to Stern Thruster, but the problem is - I don't have a logic algorithm for Fx3U-64, EEPROM is new and without any logic, so i need to program it. But working logic still exists in old module Fx2N-64MR which is installed in Bow Thruster, so i planned just copy its EEPROM information and put to Fx3U-64M's EEPROM. Is it possible ?

I'm confused because of
EEPROM modules for FX2N-64MR and FX3U-64M are not same, anyway is it possible to copy working algorithm from one to another ?

http://6g6.eu/sih-memorycable is EEPROM for FX3U-64M

http://6g6.eu/sih-bow-thrustereeprom is EEPROM for
FX2N-64MR

I got a USB cable an adaptor, but not sure if it fit http://6g6.eu/sih-cableadapter
I'm in doubt because have already contacted one guy from Mitsubishi tech support and he replied i need "SC09N programing cable", but what for is mine "Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW" ?

This is a system general arrangement for Bow Thruster
http://6g6.eu/sih-bow-thuster-arrangement
and for Stern Thruster are completely the same.

Last edited by Demontager; June 22nd, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:10 AM   #2
bharatbonde
India

Buy or arrange SC09N cable(if the laptop not having serial port u need usb to serial converter),GX developer software,upload the program and download in new plc
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:18 AM   #3
Demontager
Ukraine

And how about this one http://6g6.eu/sih-cableadapter ? What for is it? This one i have. My laptop has COM port as well.
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM   #4
muttleydoo
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

For the FX2N-64MR you will need the Mitsubishi SC09 cable, you could use the mini USB cable you have for the FX3U-64M but you can also use the SC09. When you open the PLC program in GX developer you will need to change the plc type shown below to FX3 CPU. You will then be able to download the program to the new plc.

Old July 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Demontager
Ukraine

Ok clear, but why i need only SC09 for FX2N-64MR? I checked its connection port and it same as FX3U-64M has.

BTW: How SC09 looks like ?
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM   #6
muttleydoo
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

The SC09 looks like this...

But if the FX2 has the mini USB port then you could use the cable you have. Just go to the GX developer menu bar, find the online tab > Transfer setup and you can change the connection to USB.

James
Old July 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM   #7
ajay34
Malaysia

the com cable you have are same as SC09..diffrent was the 1 you have on hand are using USB port and the SCO8 are using com port which are rs232 port..
as by muttleydoo..once you open ur GX developer you change the plc type than you may copy the FX2 ladder to the FX3 PLC..than you could download to FX3..but before you do that i would suggest you sumilate the program before you download ..make sure all the timer .bit and output are same as well.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum