1 millisecond pulse generator in rslogix 5000

Is that one millisecond on and 1 millisecond off or...

on and off each millisecond. I doubt this can be done without a special timer counter card with an output.

Another problem is that if the I/O is optically isolated it may be too slow even if the PLC is fast enough.

ust curious, why would you ever need such a thing?
Perhaps another device needs the pulses for timing or synchronizing.

To achieve anything with reliable and consistent timing with the PLC at that rate you would need to be using a pulse generator that is scan independant.

Well the OP never came back - so here's my take on it....

He said he wanted a 1mS pulse generator, in the plc, inbuilt.

Yes, an accurate 1mS pulse can be generated, in the PLC, inbuilt, there is a perfectly good inbuilt clock that can be used to generate such a "pulse".

But now we have no further information - like...

what is the pulse going to be used for?
is it going to drive an output?
how accurate does it need to be?

Yet another example of not providing enough detail in the question, which leads people up paths that probably shouldn't be walked upon.

md.abdullah, if you read this, tell us exactly what you are trying to do, why you need this 1mS "pulse", what is it going to control, how critical the timing is, and anything else you can think of, and we can help you.

Without knowing more about the application, you have had replies that may be totally irrelevant to your problem.

ControlLogix processors will accept a periodic task time as low as 0.1 milliseconds (Note, an instance the programming manual is wrong - They state a task period of 0.1 to 200 MICROseconds for tasks, not MILLIseconds). That doesn't mean it is going to be very useful, as no I/O or communications are going to update at that rate.