Re-creating Com Profibus hardware configuration

HJTRBO

Hi all,

I have a blown film line with a Siemens 555 plc, 26 profibus slaves and 2 devices conected on the MPI network.

I have Com Profibus V5.1 (and TiSoft 6.1) with the original 2bf file however all the third party GSD files are missing so I cannot import the configuration.
Is it just a case of going to all the third party vendors websites (if they still exist!?) and download their GSD files? If it is, the devices were configured back in 2002 so I'm worried the GSD files will be to new for the old hardware?
What do you think? Has anyone being their done that?

I think you may have to search.

Do you have the original profibus config file? not sure about the 555 but early Siemens configurations were made with COM ET200 which produced a file with a .200 extension. Com Profibus V3.xx had a file extension of .ET2 while V5.xx produced a file extension of .PB5.

Happy hunting,

Nick