You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM   #1
benaiahhenry
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

PV Plus 1000

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project with a PV+ 1000 (2711P-T10C4D1), its the first time I've used the 1000 and I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how to scale the objects on the screen (I don't actually have the PV here to play with).

When I test a PV+ 700 application on my laptop in FT View Studio the size of the running app is about the same as it is on the Panelview so I can get a good idea of how easy/hard it will be to use the screens. Howerver, since the 1000 has the same resolution but a much larger screen I can't really tell these things when testing the 1000 application.

So is there a way to make FT View (vs 6.1) display the actual size of the screen in inches rather than pixels when testing the application on my laptop in FT View?

Thanks!

-Benaiah
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM   #2
dmroeder
United States

You probably just have to go into Project Settings and select the "project window size" for a PVP 1000. By default it might be set to a smaller terminal (like a 600).
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM   #3
benaiahhenry
United States

I already have the project window size set to "PVPlus 700/1000 (640x480)."

It seems that since they are the same resolution they display the same when you test the app. I haven't been able to find a way to specify that I'm using a 1000 rather than a 700 and get it to display at 10.5" rather than 640x680 px. Is there some other setting that I'm missing?

Thanks,

-Benaiah

Last edited by benaiahhenry; December 21st, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old December 21st, 2011, 11:03 AM   #4
dmroeder
United States

You are not missing anything.

I think I know what you mean now. We very rarely use 700, so when we put our standard 1000 program in a 700, the text can be hard to read. I'm not sure that there is any easy way to deal with this other than loading it into the terminal.
Old December 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

For better or for worse, FTView ME is a pure pixel-based display system.

It doesn't scale to inches, nor does it zoom in runtime. It doesn't zoom very well in development, either.

Vector graphics is a different animal with its own challenges, so for a fixed resolution device like a PanelView Plus, I'm OK with a straightforward pixel count.
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM   #6
benaiahhenry
United States

Thanks for the input guys. That's what I was figuring, but thought I'd check : )

-Benaiah
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum