You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM   #1
kandymann
United States

Need help with Testing an Application using FT View Studio V6.10

Hello guys

Software:
FT View Studio
FT View ME Station

Mark and rdcast have helped me in a big way with setting up communications using RSLinx E. I figured out my previous setback with their help! Thanks guys

I am new to HMI programming so once I got my communications configured correctly, I began testing applications and playing so to speak. I am working hard to learn this type of programming.

I am now working on a real life project and I am testing it. I am getting an error message when I test the application...

"Failed to load Tag Runtime Server"

I have been testing the same application over and over using FT View ME Station and now this pop up appears and I am unable to load the ME Station on my PC. It worked over and over again but after a few modifications to some displays, the ME Station will not load.

I assumed I needed to check out Communications Setup and I looked at the Runtime (Target) and made sure my Shortcuts: proccessor and tags were applied to both Desgin and Runtime.

I really dont know where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kandy
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Start with a hard reboot of the computer.

Other Forum members will be along shortly to provide detailed opinions on the reliability of the FactoryTalk engine.
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM   #3
kandymann
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
Start with a hard reboot of the computer.

Other Forum members will be along shortly to provide detailed opinions on the reliability of the FactoryTalk engine.
Thanks Ken

I will try that.
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #4
kandymann
United States

Ha

Well Mr. Roach

I rebooted my PC and when I opened FT View Studio I noticed a message at the bottom of the screen saying that my software was not vaildated and I was operating under a grace period. I went to my FT View Activation Manager and resubmitted my serial number, etc.

and walhaaa

It works now.

I have no idea why I had to reactivate my software like that. Weird. But hey, now I can get back to playing.

Thanks Ken
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Kev77
United States

Is this on a laptop? If so I had an issue with this and it was because my activation was tied to the MAC address of the network card and not the hard drive serial number. I think it had to do with the network card in power saver mode while it was unplugged. If I turned it on unplugged it would go into a grace period.
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:24 PM   #6
arnabbanik
United States

Thanks for the help! This works. Is there a way to up-vote an answer here?
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #7
LoganB
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum