Floating Points Very Limited

Coulombboy

Hi All,

I'm a new person in PLC working on a program which involves lots of floating point maths.. Seeing the available registers for floating points, it is very few and i don't think i can complete my program.. I'm using Micrologix 1400.. Is there anyone who can help me out with this.. Can i add more floats?

Thanks in advance..

How many do you need? Each data file can have 256 elements (registers). If you need more then create a new data file e.g. F9:?? and make it 256 more registers. You are only limited by memory in your processor. See picture below.
You can only increase or create data files in program mode.

elementsize.png

Similar Topics

lm moving two motor x and y with floating numbers using mitsubishi fx.once i have the floating points calulated where do i put the output for the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone here refresh my mind on how to perform addition on 33 floating point variables? F8:1 to F8:32. the result should be in F8:0
Replies
Views
I have tried to research on floating points but I am still confused. I am trying to understand to function FLT and INT in GX Developer (Mitsu)...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to address floating point variables with Modbus/TCP? FYI: Using Quantum 434 12U (Unity Pro XL 3)
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm still confused with the integer "N" and floating points "F" on the Allen Bradley PLC. Thanks -adeah-
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom