You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 9th, 2004, 09:56 AM   #1
cmanchester
United States

Allen Bradley PLC Input Power requirements

After searching numerous websites to no avail can anyone help me in defining "plc grade power". I am running a large control network using an inverter/ups to power servers and plc's and intend to convert to a larger inverter with the normal power source being AC (inverter bypassed to load). In a power loss situation the inverter would switch to my battery back-up and then subsequently to an emergency diesel generator. I am looking at various options to provide a stable "clean" ac source but I can't find a definition of pc/plc grade power. Is +/- 5% with a response time of 1.5 cycles adequate? I have personally seen AB PLC5/40E series units drop out at voltages between 102 - 105VAC. Is there an optimum set of specifications for pc networks and where can they be located? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chuck
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum