You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1
saias
Greece

Twincat ads error 1820

Hi,

I am new with twincat and im trying to set up a programming environment for a cx1030. I have connected to the cx through system manager and when I am scanning for devices, although for de3vices appear, I receive the following error:

Adserror: 1820 (0x71c, 'ADS ERROR invalid class id')

I am not sure if thats a serious problem but my main iissue is that i can t see all of the IOs.

any help?
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Archie
United States

What devices appear? What power supply is connected? What terminals do you have connected?

AdvancedHMI - HMI Software without the license key hassles
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:57 AM   #3
PHe
Finland

Hi,

I have a simular problem as saias.

I also get an error "Init2\IO: Create TcomObj SAFEOP >> Adserror: 1820 (0x71c, 'ADS ERROR invalid class id')" while scanning devices.

I have cx1010-0112, cx1100-0004, 2xel1002 and el2004. Error comes while scanning "EtherCAT" device, and also when scanning related boxes.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Muhammad Lutfi
Indonesia

I have the same problem with Saias, how to solve this?
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:27 AM   #5
kudapucat
Australia

Every time I have received this error I have found it to be because there is no EtherCAT on the port it's looking for.

This is a windows issue. You need to get your ports right and then beckhoff will behave.

ie on a running system, the port has been disabled (usually by some numpty who notices the windows "limited connection" error msg)
Or the cable is broken, or unplugged etc.

on a new system, it's generally because the port is plugged into a ethernet network. Swap the cables so the ethernet network is on the second port.

DHCP is generally enabled on both ports, so your PLC will respond to you no matter how you plug it in. EtherCAT however is generally only available on the first port.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:02 AM   #6
kudapucat
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudapucat View Post
Every time I have received this error I have found it to be because there is no EtherCAT on the port it's looking for.

This is a windows issue. You need to get your ports right and then beckhoff will behave.

ie on a running system, the port has been disabled (usually by some numpty who notices the windows "limited connection" error msg)
Or the cable is broken, or unplugged etc.

on a new system, it's generally because the port is plugged into a ethernet network. Swap the cables so the ethernet network is on the second port.

DHCP is generally enabled on both ports, so your PLC will respond to you no matter how you plug it in. EtherCAT however is generally only available on the first port.
Or, as in the case I'm hunting down today which has led me here, I'm told it's a version issue with TwinCAT.
Make sure your release is the same as the PLC you're programming.

ie I'm running 2.11 (1552)
the CE box I'm talking to is running 2038

The release is referred to by the first digit of the build.
I'm running release 1xxx CE 2xxx so I'll upgrade and confirm it works.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum