Can't import .L5X file

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to import an add-on instruction from Prosoft into Logix5000 and when I browse to the folder containing the .L5X file, it doesn't show up in the file window to allow me to select it.

Any idea what's up. I tried pasting the file name into the file name box on the import dialog and that didn't work either.

Driving me nuts, the extension is .L5X, the file filter is set to .L5X and greyed out but it's not showing up!

Any assistance greatly appreciated,

-Greg

Started a new project at V16 and now the file shows up but doesn't import

Thanks for the reply...

My project is a new one, so I had it at V19, but I did notice in the Prosoft manual they say to use v16, so I created a new project at that rev and now the L5X shows up, but when I try to import it gives
"Failed to import file xxxx. The specified L5X file is not targeted for this import context"

I looked at the XML and they have the revision in one of the header lines as 16.03. My revision is 16.3 and I couldn't see a way to change the minor rev in Logix. I tried manually tweaking the XML to make it 16.3 but that didn't help.

I'm still curious why the L5X wasn't showing up at Rev 19. Is the file import dialog smart enough to parse the XMLs and only show ones with the same version? Seems like that's a bit much for a file open dialog to do.

-Greg

Are you sure it's an AOI? Sometimes Prosoft says it is, but it's really a section of CLX code, including the AOI. Try importing it as a program.

Need to import as a Rung not an add-on

jkerekes,

I called the tech support and they explained that the L5X is for a rung import which allows them to bundle all the Add-on, Data types, etc. into the import. So you are correct in your solution.

It was actually in the manual to do it that way...so this is my bad on not reading it closer.

Thanks for the help.

-Greg

Good. I'm glad it works. Prosoft stuff may be somewhat expensive, but it does work well and their tech. support is great.