1769-HSC Setup

Maxwell

Hello,

I am setting up a Micromotion 2700 pulse frequency signal to a Compactlogix 1769-HSC module. The MMI 2700 will be setup to push 10,000 pulses/bbl with the logic counting incrementally each bbl.

How would the HSC module configuration be setup for this operation?

Keg's here (Beer)
thanks for that
@54 i am almost pushing up the daisies

p.s. 54 isn't old, just middle aged.

Jut gotta convince my body of that

I am in the Petroleum Measurement Business and have done a bunch of MM 2700 Set ups. I don't have any experience with RSL5000 but maybe I can help based on my experience with RSL500.

In RSLogix 500, you click on "Function Files" under the project tree. Then click on the HSC tab. All the High Speed Counters you have available based on the processor will show up there. You click on the + to expand the file. You then fill out the info. The most important info is the PFN - Program File Number. This is the sub routine that executes when the counter is done. CE - Counter Enable put a 1 here. And HIP - High Preset put 10,000 here. So every time the HSC counts to 10,000 it will execute the subroutine you selected in PFN.

Make sure that the input filter for the channel is set to the lowest setting possible. With the pulses coming in at 10,000 per BBL if the input filter is set too high you will end up missing some.

The next thing to keep in mind is if you need 10,000 pulses per BBL? Are you using this pulse stream for custody transfer? Are you sending them to another flow computer or are you using them for proving? If not I wouldn't mess with a pulse rate that high. I would go with 1,000 pulses/BBL. That will give you a high enough resolution to measure accurate enough.

I have been in the Measurement Business for 22 years so if I can help let me know.
Chris

Hopefully I am not to late replying in this tread. The configuration of the 1769-HSC/B in Logix 5000 is different. When you add the card to the I/O configuration in Slot 1 most of the tags will be set up for you under Local:1:O, Local:1:I and Local:1:C If you wire your inputs to A0(+) and A0(-) then your count value will be displayed in Local:1:I.Ctr0CurrentCount. Read the section in the documentation on voltage levels to ensure that you select the correct series resistors if required. To use the HSC card in your program the bit Local:1:O.Ctr0En must be enabled but if you want to do any configuration changes then the bit must be disabled and you will have a fault on the card. In the I/O configuration if you right click on the card then the configuration screen will be displayed. There are a number of set up options and different ways that you can reset your count. Read the AB manual closely especially on the Counter Configurations screen the information is not straight forward.