Siemens pg/pc interface disabled

Dean1278

HI Guys,

I have a new Siemens PG(M3) with windows 7. the PG/PC interface Properties is greyed out and can't change anything. I tried to run a diagnostic test and I get this" Error 0xe9, Could not start a utility for initialization/syncronization."

Altough the CP5611.MPI protocol is active , I can't get a connection either. I re-installed Step7 and WinCC Flex 2008 already hoping this would help. Please advise as I can't communicate with any device now.:unsure:

Do you have Simatic Net installed on the same PC ?
Maybe there is an active configuration with the CP5611 card set to "configured mode" = Settings are done with Simatic Net.

Also check the CP5611 card in the Windows Device Manager. There must be no "warning triangle" or "yellow question mark".

Also try to add another driver in PG/PC interface, for example TCP/IP.

Last edited:
M3 PG's and software are configured out of the box.
Just transfer the licenses, set the PG interface and go.

So I have to ask - what have you changed / added / deleted to the PG?

I have checked all the obvious options. Device manager is happy with the CP card and driver. Tried to change protocols etc( S7online,WinCC, USB etc) all are grayed out.This happened after the pg shutdown due to low battery whilst I was busy saving a WinCC project. After I restarted WinCC would Freeze, Step 7 wouldn't open. I inserted the disks and repaired both but the PG interface still not working. Simatic Net is installed and all seems to be ok. I have started to Format now as options are running out and time is limited. Thanks for the Suggestions !:confused:

Hi Jesper,

I can't seem to find this configuration mode that refer to. I have already formatted the PG and loaded all the software that came on the disc.Simatic net appears in the Device manager and beneath it the CP5611. Device seems to be working ok but I can't get comms with HMI. The Proerties issue is sorted out and I can do a diagnostic and see both HMI and PG adress now, yet the transfer fails because the connection cannot be established to HMI. Transfer mode selected,baud rates etc correct. logic says ,it should work if you can see it when you run a network diagnostic with the set PG/PC interface?

If you have Simatic Net software installed, then there will be a folder in the Start Menu called "Simatic Net", and you can there find the utility software "Configuration Console".

The "Simatic Net" mentioned in the Devide Manager is just a common folder name for all Siemens Hardware adapters.
It therefore seems you dont really have Simatic Net software, so you can disregard my previous suggestion.

Why Siemens use the same name for something so different, dont ask me.