You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #1
valiantt
Philippines

Wonderware Intouch + Delta PLC

I am trying to integrate a Delta PLC (DVP-12SA2) with wonderware intouch to be used for a worm driven position control.
The program is almost finish but I am having problems with Modbus. (I am using the 'Modicon Modbus', included on the wonderware factory suite.)
I have also tried making a test program to try out all I/O tags with the PLC and it seems I can only get I/O discrete tags to work. Maybe it is improper addressing on my part? I am actually new to this I/O server.

I used these manuals I have found on google as reference:
www.google.com/search?q=modbus+delta+plc+intouch
I used the "How to use InTouch with DVP28SV11R/T + DVPEN01-SL" [pdf] and "DELTA PLC modbus protocol" [doc]" results. I mainly used the pdf and followed the modbus configs and intouch access name config. EDIT: I used 'MODBUS' instead of 'MBENET' on intouch access names.

on a sidenote, I am using rs-232, not r-485 to connect the plc to the computer.
also, can anyone help me with declaring floating point variables on Delta? I am also new to programming delta PLCs. I have been trying to find it out but to no avail. Examples will be really helpful.
I am using WPLSoft 2.30 to program the PLC

If there are anymore details you want to know about my problem, feel free to ask.

Last edited by valiantt; October 29th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old September 9th, 2014, 04:20 AM   #2
darshil
India

hi,

i want to communicate between delta dvp 14ss plc and intouch wonderware...

so can you send me steps of it?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum