You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #1
Yna
Philippines

Vijeo Citect HMI Error

Hi guys!

I encountered an error on vijeo citect HMI. The system is configured as main and standby HMI.

I have this error on standby HMI, "ERROR 0x21 ON OPENING 'PORT1_BOARD2_SBY' FOR PROTOCOL 'MODNET' ". This error occurs if I run the the citect on first attempt. Upon closing the error dialog box and re-running the citect on the second time, the error is no longer available and I can run the citect....but if I exit again and run the citect, the error occurs again. I have to close it again and rerun the citect.. Same configuration both main & standby, but error occurs only on standby. How can I fixed it? Thank you in advance..
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:48 AM   #2
IainH
United Kingdom

It may not be relevant, but I have had the same error number when starting a project using MODBUS protocol and it was due to the serial port specified for MODBUS not being available.

Can you check that the port you are using is available and free before you start the project?

Iain
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum