You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Ali Sayghe
United States

Exclamation analog input in ladder logic

Hi all
I am trying write a program that has analog input from a pressure sensor in a thank that read the pressure sensor for low level and high level when the pump start filling up the tank the motor for gate valve is closed when the water reach the high level the motor for the gate valve will open so the input and the output is:
input I:0/1 from limit switch 1 to turn off the motor when its opening the valve
input I:0/2 from limit switch 2 to turn off the motor when its closing the valve
input I:2/1 analog input from pressure sensor
turn output O/0 when the signal from pressure sensor is low (111)
turn output O/1 when the signal from presser sensor is high (25000)
I have a 1769-IF8 Analog Input Card in a Micrologix 1500 system.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #2
passwordg
United States

Hey, I did not understand what your question is.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Lancie1
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
...Input I:2/1 [is] the analog input from pressure sensor.
Beacause you are using a 1769-IF8 analog module, I think this analog input should be at address I:2.1 or I:2.0. In other words, it must be a word address instead of a bit address.

Quote:
I am trying to write a program...
If you would print your program to a PDF file, or ZIP it to a compresed file, and post it here, I am sure someone can help with your problem.

Your action elements are simple and only two:
"CLOSE VALVE MOTOR" and "OPEN VALVE MOTOR". Put two rungs in your program for those Outputs, and you will have a place to start.

Remember, the Inputs do not control the valve, but instead your PLC outputs control the motor that controls the valve.

Last edited by Lancie1; February 6th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Ali Sayghe
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancie1 View Post
Beacause you are using a 1769-IF8 analog module, I think this analog input should be at address I:2.1 or I:2.0. In other words, it must be a word address instead of a bit address.

If you would print your program to a PDF file, or ZIP it to a compresed file, and post it here, I am sure someone can help with your problem.

Your action elements are simple and only two:
"CLOSE VALVE MOTOR" and "OPEN VALVE MOTOR". Put two rungs in your program for those Outputs, and you will have a place to start.

Remember, the Inputs do not control the valve, but instead your PLC outputs control the motor that controls the valve.
yes you right i am controlling the valve through the dc motor but my problem is i don't know how can i use less than and more than function to turn the motor whether closing if the level is low or opening if the level is high according to the pressure of the tank the value that indicate low level is 500 and the valve indicate high level 20000 am using the raw/proportional unit for the analog input card. I am using SCP for to scale the input
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (22.6 KB, 167 views)
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Anirban Hazra
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Sayghe View Post
..my problem is i don't know how can i use less than and more than function to turn the motor whether closing if the level is low or opening if the level is high according to the pressure of the tank..
The Logic in the Attached Image shows how to do the above with the I/O addresses provided by you in Post #1 and #4.

However, note that if your motor is very slow and the rate of filling is lesser than the rate of emptying through a partially opened valve then you will need to latch the "Open valve" output till it reaches the limit switch because the level may drop before the valve position reaches the limit switch and turn the motor off.

Inversely if your motor is very slow and the rate of filling is greater than the rate of emptying through a partially closed valve then you will need to latch the "Close valve" output till it reaches the limit switch because the level may increase before the valve position reaches the limit switch and turn the motor off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valve Motor.JPG (22.5 KB, 151 views)
of Rockwell Automation

Click to Connect with me on:
Facebook
LinkedIn

Last edited by Anirban Hazra; February 7th, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #6
iant
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Australia

just a note
is the analogue 0~10V or 4~20 mA
because the min max scaling is different for the two

Give all the answers
- People seldom learn.

Guide People to the posibilities
- Their Answers will come easily.
- Their Knowledge will grow.

They will then teach others

Regards
Ian Trost
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Ali Sayghe
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban Hazra View Post
The Logic in the Attached Image shows how to do the above with the I/O addresses provided by you in Post #1 and #4.

However, note that if your motor is very slow and the rate of filling is lesser than the rate of emptying through a partially opened valve then you will need to latch the "Open valve" output till it reaches the limit switch because the level may drop before the valve position reaches the limit switch and turn the motor off.

Inversely if your motor is very slow and the rate of filling is greater than the rate of emptying through a partially closed valve then you will need to latch the "Close valve" output till it reaches the limit switch because the level may increase before the valve position reaches the limit switch and turn the motor off.
Thank you very much its really works and i attached the final program
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yuy.JPG (32.6 KB, 133 views)
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Anirban Hazra
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Sayghe View Post
Thank you very much its really works and i attached the final program
Glad to have Helped.
of Rockwell Automation

Click to Connect with me on:
Facebook
LinkedIn
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum