You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1
bright676
United States

5/04 Fault, flashing fault light

Some how I managed to mess up my 5/04 and rs linx. Now when I do auto config. the baud rate come in at 1200 instead of 19200.

I know that I hit the wrong setting when configuring a different project but I just dont know what one(s). Aparently I must have changed some thing in the processor but I cannot go on line at all to change any thing.

I have pulled the processor out and reset it by shorting the ground/vbb together for about 60 seconds, and that doesn't work.

It is supposed to be running on DH+ from my serial port on my tough book with a cp3 cable. I dont have a clue what to do next.

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Buzzen
United States

can u get online with other processors on the network?
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #3
dmargineau
United States

It probably wasn't "running on DH+ from my serial port on my tough book with a cp3 cable".
It was most likely running on Serial RS232 and was using a DF-1 RSLinx driver.
Verify the PC's Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT), Serial Port configuration; I have a hunch that the PC COM Serial port's baud rate was changed to 1200 kbps; make it 19200 and note the COM X number assigned to the Serial Port.
Reboot the PC and then, within RSLinx, add a new RS232 DF1 Devices driver (SLC-CH0/Micro/Type)related the COM X port you have just modified the settings to.
Hopefully an AutoConfigure will bring up the faulted SLC within the RSWho interface.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #4
bright676
United States

That didn't help, it wouldn't even set on 1200. Any other ideas?
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #5
bright676
United States

I just did a restore point and now I have a port conflic with another port even though there was nothing else plugged in. I deleted the other conflick. and still no luck
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #6
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright676 View Post

It is supposed to be running on DH+ from my serial port on my tough book with a cp3 cable
??? does not sound correct, your serial port will not talk DH+

If you are using a CP3 to your serial port you will be using DF1 driver, see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIu1AGUR4N8

The CP3 will be plugged into the DB9 port on the 5/04 and your serial port (COM1) most of the time the serial is COM1
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #7
bright676
United States

wtf! This is crazy. But some how I managed to get a program loaded into it!. I wish that I new how.

I think I may have some cable management issues here and need to clean this mess up.(operator error)

Thanks for your help.
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #8
dmargineau
United States

One thing to remember about a PC's Serial Port: it has the tendency to be "hijacked" by various applications/services, some running in the "background".
The most common issue is the presence of two configured DF1 RSLinx drivers, "fighting" over the COM port.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum