Ge fanuc series 90-30 plc

hinddhindsa

Hi, i have GE Fanuc 90-30 plc with a HMI placed in a machine, and i need to take program from that and put in new PLC,will my Versa-pro & proficy machine edition demo software.i am able to connect it with PC,when i press upload in LOAD FOLDER from PLC, it ask me to click hardware configuration & motion from plc,load logic from plc, load overridden/stored values from PLC.how shall i download all the parameters in new plc.is the GE fanuc program upload/download program is similar to other plc ?.

next

on the base plate of this GE FANUC PLC, their are two EPROMS (memory storage) devices. does the PLC program is stored on these devices or else in the in-built memory of the CPU. if the program is stored in cpu memory then what are these for ?.
how shall i copy program of HMI ?.

Without knowing the model of CPU you have I can only guess. What is the part number of your CPU? IC693CPU???
With two EPROMS it sounds like one with the CPU built into the backplane. If it is, then the EPROM to the 'Left' is the one that holds the logic and configuration.
If actually an EPROM it needs to be replaced to change the program, an EEPROM can be changed with Proficy ME.

But you can read either.

Moving programs

You will want to first LOAD the program in the present plc into your programming software.

Very likely you will need to make the folder that will contain the program first, and the folder needs to be the same name as the program in the plc memory . You might be able to use the TEMP name and then rename the folder after it is filled with your data.

LOAD ALL the data files into your programming folder. Logic, Blocks and configuration etc. There should be an "All" option.

Once you have the information in your programmer, compare and confirm that the information in your new folder and the information in the plc is equal. There is a function in the programmer software to do this compare step.

Remove the programmer from the old plc (properly exit)

Connect to your new plc, establish communication,

RESTORE the contents of the recently created folder to your new plc.

Compare if equal.

Run the program ;-)

As to the ability to move program data across platforms of even to just another series, I have nothing to add.

cheers