Wonderware Install & Licenses

Jim__

Hi all,
I am new to Wonderware.
I want to install my software and develop on my laptop until
HMI computers are purchased.

I have no idea how to install the Archestra and Intouch licenses.

I also have searched high and low to find out how to move the licenses to the HMI computers once purchased.

Any (simplified) info appreciated.

(Oh yeah, one final complaint-I have information overload from reading all the multiple DVD's and CD's they have sent, but STILL unclear on the basics!)

The license structure is easy.
There is a license manager located at Start>Wonderware>Common>License Utility.
This is where you copy license file from the CD to hard disk. You can also just copy of this license disk to a USB drive and you can move it between your PC and the HMI computers.

My recommendation is not to run the development license on a runtime application.
Yes...do the full install (Development and Runtime on the HMI), so you can edit on the HMI and backup. However, use a Runitme license on the HMI and keep the Development license for your pc.
It is easy to swap licenses with the "License Utility". Always use "Overwrite" (not append) when asked on installing a license.
I have had issues with "Appended' licenses.

You may not need the full Archestra install if you are only using Intouch.

What version of Wonderware are you using?
There are actually 2 licenses that may be required. Both are on the license CD.

If 10.5 or later you may need to load both the the archestra.lic and the wwsuite.lic.
It depends what IO Server you are using that may require wwsuite.lic. However it does not hurt anything if you load both licenses.

Last edited:
Hi I am very new with Wonderware, but we have a panel that hadn't been used for a long time so I am trying to get something started again. Also we bought some fancy processing equipment that is controlled with InTouch and I want to modify some of the items on it.

Long story short, I purchased a new copy of Wonderware Development Stuidio 2012 R2, but when I try to start it or do anything it says I am missing license.

I looked on the installation Getting Started Guide that came with the software and it simply says to go to the location mentioned above, (Programs>Wonderware>Common>ArchastraA License Manager), and to browse through the installation DVD and select ARCHESTRA.LIC file.

I browsed through the instllation DVD along with the other 3 DVDs that came with my purchase and I can't seem to find ARCHESTRA.LIC. Does anyone know where or which DVD has the ARCHESTRA.LIC or can someone help me in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Ferni,

The license files come on a mini-cd that may have arrived separately from the actual software discs. The package would have also included paper licenses with a holographic strip in them. If you can't find this you can call your Wonderware distributor and beg forgiveness and promise your firstborn and they may send you new ones (probably for a fee)

The license disk should have come with your order.
It is not in the Wonderware disk box, It is a separate "mini" cd with the licenses on it.

If you cannot locate the disk, Check with who you purchased it from.

Oops... looks like someone beat me to the explanation.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your replies. I will attempt to contact them to find the license, I will check back in to let you know what happens.

Just an update, I called up the company I bought the software from and they said that the licensed weren't schedule to ship until next week. So after some complaining, they did send me the license by email and said that the hard copies would ship next week.

I installed the license and I am able to get a little further and it recognizes the license, but when I try to open any project, it gives me an error that says "License does not enable WindowMaker - exiting".

I guess I'll wait until I get the hard copy and hope all the licenses are there.

Sounds like they just sent you the runtime license. Only one license can be used at a time. They are both named wwsuite.lic.

If it is Wonderware R2012, you will use the archestra.lic.
The wwsuite.lic will ALSO be needed to be loaded, if the IO server you are using is an older version.
Both wwsuite.lic and archestra.lic will be on license disk.
But they will need to be a development/runtime licenses, unless you only need runtime (but you cannot edit application with a runtime only license).

If it is Wonderware R2012, you will use the archestra.lic.
The wwsuite.lic will ALSO be needed to be loaded, if the IO server you are using is an older version.
Both wwsuite.lic and archestra.lic will be on license disk.
But they will need to be a development/runtime licenses, unless you only need runtime (but you cannot edit application with a runtime only license).

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to us Archestra and new to it, I've already used Intouch but not this.

And I'm just wondering what type of licenses do I need to run it fully for dev and runtime? On my existing license it says, WW Dev Studios Large - 5000 Galaxy IO/ 3k Intouch/ and 500 history tags. Wasn't it this enough to run it?

Initially, I cannot deploy it says "Galaxyname: This operation is not permitted on Galaxy object". And on SMC, it gives "Failed to get license feature 'Platform_Count'" v3.6.

What ive tried,
.created sample galaxy with all galaxy type, then deploy
.created another galaxy, put up some points, then deploy
.another one, imported intouch app, validate deploy
.another one, put up security, validate deploy
.uninstalled existing wonderware, and put all what's on the CD, tried again

All it gives is that prompt message like a security issue. Please help, as I'm trying to study for a next project.

Appreciate again.

Del

Hi, i have installed the 2012 R2 version o Intouch, today i wanted to modify an app an installed my new 2014 r2 license (valid until dec. 2015) and intouch don't detect the new license, i selevted the ¨update¨ option in license manager.

Hi, i have installed the 2012 R2 version o Intouch, today i wanted to modify an app an installed my new 2014 r2 license (valid until dec. 2015) and intouch don't detect the new license, i selevted the ¨update¨ option in license manager.

Open Wonderware>Common>License Utility
In the License Utility window..Go to File>Install License File
In the next box that pops up locate the "Archestra.lic" license file that is on your "Mini CD" and select it.
You should then see it in the upper right hand side of the License Utility window.

In the License Utility window, you can also select this file to see what it is licensed to and when it expires in the bottom right side of the License Utility window.