sample program for 1769HSC High speed counter module

AB2005

Hi

I need a sample program to use 1769-HSC High speed counter module to measure the pulses of an encoder (connected with HSC) over a specified distance . HSC is connected with 1769-LS35E. Please assist.

Let me explain what has happened I have somewhere on one of my 5 computers a sample program for a 1769-HSC this program was developed by I believe Allen Bradley as a Sample program so that the Card can be used. It consisted of two counter programs that were identical and it works great. Fast forward to 6 months later and I decide to use the same program but strip out one of the counters. I installed this and it appeared to work, about a month into running the customer is complaining that his counter is not resetting. When i checked the first counter (working) from 6 months ago I noted that Counter Reset Enable is unchecked. The counter I had installed a month ago Counter Reset Enable is Checked.
So my question is where did I find the program as I have not found any when I searched for "Sample program for 1769-HSC". The document that I had (which has been mis-placed) i no longer have or is buried in a mountain of paper. I have submitted the working version here if any one recognizes this please let me know where I got this from as I would like to pass it onto to my client.

Thank you

Last edited:
What I liked about this counter program was that it remembered the count value and on a power cycle continued on with the count (it only reset if it was told to reset). My question I guess besides where did i get this program is the recent counter unable to reset if the Counter Reset Enable is checked ??

about flow transmitter

dear sir, we are using dp type flow transmitter of rosemount. but it is not giving reading as per actual flow . the configured range is 0 to 13000lit/hr. and we are having a spare Siemens flow transmiiter . can i use these Siemens ft to there location ? is these suitable for plc flow totaliser. kindly give bettrer suggestion

1769-HSC RATE EXAMPLE value flopping 100 integers

So i looked into the manual and have my rate working. something is not right though.

at 5% on my motor speed I get like a currentrate value of 1000 and 1100 this number is multiplied by a calibration of lets say 0.035. Each time the number changes it goes from 35 to 38.5 thats like 3.5 meters per minute change (thats a lot).

My encoder is 1024 PPR how or what parameter do i need to change to get a rate value that samples a little quicker ??

My RPI = 20.0 ms
update time = 10 ms
scaler = 1
operation mode = x1

no numbers are shown in between 1000 and 1100 i would l like the change to be 10 or less,

thank you in advance for any pointers.