ActiveX Issues with FactoryTalk SE

xC0MMAND0x

Running FTSE 6.1 after a migration for a project. I'm receiving 3 different ActiveX errors for the following 3 .cab files.

"pdfocx.cab"
"FM20DLL.cab"

*fixed IdleDetectocx.cab per post below*
"IdleDetectocx.cab"

See 3 attachments for more information.

Any advice?

ScreenShot006.jpg ScreenShot007.jpg ScreenShot018.jpg

Last edited:
These are errors generated because you do not have the add ons and plugins required by the project you are trying to edit.

As you saw from the idledetect fix you have this area because you lack the add on or plugin needed in the application.

Idledetect is primarily used to logout people after a timed period of no activity.

So the magic question is, where can I find a proper download for "pdfocx.cab" and "FM20DLL.cab"?

You would think Googling around a bit would yield some results...

So the magic question is, where can I find a proper download for "pdfocx.cab" and "FM20DLL.cab"?

You would think Googling around a bit would yield some results...

FM20.dll and FM20ENU.dll are the Microsoft Form activexs.
Look for a copy of them on the machine the app was developed on if possible.

On XP systems they are in c:\windows\system32 folder.

This is the problem with using AxtiveXs in FTView. Many Microsoft apps, such as Office update Fm20.dll. The other machine without Office can't use the newer DLL.

I've copied of fm20.dll and fm20enu.dll from an XP machine (that was the platform the application was developed on) into my VM (running WS2K8 R2).

I ran regsvr32.exe for the fm20.dll and that worked.

I ran regsvr32.exe for fm20enu.dll and that did not work.

I copied the 2 files into the C:\...\rsview enterprise\activex control setup\ and ran the following

cabarc.exe n fm20dll.cab fm20.dll fm20enu.dll and it completed successfully

When I try to open the displays tied to this, I still get an area saying, "CAB file missing on the server http://machine_name/rsviewactivexcontrolsetup/fm20dll.cab - even though I have successfully created the .CAB file.

Any ideas?

Our Solution

We faced this exact problem also. It appears that there is a conflict with updates made to two DLL files.

To resolve this issue we completed the following:

Retrieve FM20.DLL and FM20ENU.DLL from the RSView32 machine.
Copy to C:/Windows/System32 (May have to overwrite existing files).
Register the FM20.DLL using and elevated CMD and regsvr32 command.

Hope that helps!