excel hotlinks are updating very slow

ssp657312

we have L61 for our molding machine and a Excel based application to trace the molds
the excel is using hotlinks but the updation is very slow

please help

How slow is "very slow" ? Is this different from the update rate you have configured when you set up the DDE/OPC driver ?

Are you using RSLinx Classic ? What Windows operating system and version of Excel ? What version of ControlLogix firmware, 1756 Ethernet module firmware, and version of RSLInx Classic are you running ?

How many elements are you reading from the controller ?

Is this an application that worked correctly in the past ? If so, what has changed about the computer or the controller ?

Similar Topics

I'm using DDE/OPC Links in Excel to gather data from a SLC 5/04 over a DH+ Connection. Unfortunately my Employer doesn't see a lot of value in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to export data from a DataGrid to Excel using VBA, but I'm getting an error "Object doesn't support this property or method". The...
Replies
Views
I don't know if this is the right place for the subject at least I'll try. The company has one of the oldest computers that is a master Windows...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm just looking for a simple way to make a button in excel (via VBA I presume) to toggle a bit in RSLogix 5000. I just got FactoyTalkLinx...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to send the data from Rslogix500 to Excel. I created a connection between RSlinx and Excel. The values in Excel automatically...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom