You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 7th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #1
Buscom
France

Hi! Help! DeviceNet for SLC500 Allen Bradley

Hello,

Please, I need help for those who have already worked on the DeviceNet protocol with Allen Bradley SLC500.

I am currently working on communication between the SLC500 Allen Bradley and an electronic card. I would like to set the DeviceNet communication protocol between the SLC500 Allen Bradley and an electronic card equip with a DSP from Texas Instruments. The DSP have a serial port. and I have a module CDN066 that make the conversion from DeviceNet to RS232, so that the data can came from the PLC in DeviceNet pass throw the CDN066 and comout in RS232 to go into the electronic card

I want to know if you think it is necessary to program the DSP to receive DeviceNet data or if you think it is not necessary and that the CDN066 by converting DeviceNet to RS232, I am no longer need programming the DSP?
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #2
jstolaruk
United States

Tell us more about the "electronic card with a DSP". What is it for? Manufacturer? Part Number?
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Buscom
France

thank you, for your replay,

in fact, my electronic card equip with a DSP from Texas Instruments.
The DSP is a tms320f2812 DSP from Texas instruments. His pin is routed to communicate in RS232 with the electronic card
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #4
jstolaruk
United States

Is this electronic card with DSP designed to provide a specific function? Or is a evaluation board? Again, do you have the MFG and P/N for the card?
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Buscom
France

Hello,

My card, is a custom board card, and it is manucfare for motor control
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #6
jstolaruk
United States

Based on the information you've provided, my only answer is that you'll have to do all of the DSP programming.

UNLESS you can contact the original designer of the electronic card and find out what they did for programming. A DSP by itself does not come with the programming to do what you are asking.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #7
jstolaruk
United States

Here is a link to the DSP

http://www.dspvillage.ti.com/pdfs/f281210bulletin.pdf
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #8
Buscom
France

Ok, thank you for your help! nice
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum