i need communicate hmi magelis with plc quantum

milo_IDT

hi!:confused::confused::confused:,

as commented, i need communicate hmi magelis XBTGT6330 with a PLC QUANTUM 140CPU65150. but i am new in schneider and i have not idea of how do. i must with a patch cord rj45 over ethernet.

attentive to your responses, thanks

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

1. QUANTUM 140 CPU - Built-in Ethernet Port/RJ-45 Serial Port

milo_IDT said:
...i need communicate hmi magelis XBTGT6330 with a PLC QUANTUM 140CPU65150. but i am new in schneider and i have not idea of how do. i must with a patch cord rj45 over ethernet.

Hi,

Note: I do not use Schneider's Modicon PLCs, so I have no working knowledge of QUANTUM PLCs, or programming them using Unity Pro, only what I've looked up to assist you.

I do, however, have good working knowledge of Schneider's Magelis range of HMI and their programming software Vijeo Designer. I will attempt to assist you to make the connection and configure the HMI side of things. If you cannot configure the PLC side of the communications, and I cannot figure that part out, there may be others here who can.

Do you use Unity Pro and Vijeo Designer and have a good working knowledge of both of them? If not, please say so.

The QUANTUM 140 CPU 651 50 has both a built-in RJ-45 Ethernet port, as illustrated by the number 9 below, and an RJ-45 Serial port, number 4 below.

Do not mix them up.

Using either of these ports, the QUANTUM PLC can only use the Modbus Protocol to communicate with the Magelis XBTGT.

The Serial port uses Modbus RTU.
The Ethernet port uses Modbus TCP/IP.

If you are saying you want to use the "patch cord rj45 over ethernet", then I would assume you want to use the Ethernet port on the QUANTUM?

Will you please verify if this is correct?

QUANTUM 140 CPU 651 50.jpg

2. Schneider Magelis XBTGT6330 - Built-in Ethernet Port/RJ-45 Serial Port

The Schneider Magelis XBTGT6330 also has two RJ-45 ports, and also, one is Ethernet, as illustrated by the letter E below, the other is Serial (COM2), letter Q below.

Again, Do not mix them up.

If you are connecting them via an Ethernet switch, you can use the patch cable you mentioned. Schneider recommends their 490 NTW patch cable, but I'm sure any good quality patch will do.
If you are connecting direct, then again they recommend their 490 NTC 000 direct connection cable, or equivalent.

Magelis_XBTGT.jpg

3. Vijeo Designer - Schneider Modbus TCP/IP Driver

This is a screenshot of a driver I set up in Vijeo Designer. As with all equipment drivers, it's set up under the IO Manager. This is a Schneider Modbus TCP/IP Driver. I gave it a Class C IP address as an example. You enter your Quantum PLCs configured IP address here. Leave the UNIT ID at 255 for connecting to other Modbus TCP/IP epuipment. The protocol will be using TCP packets of course. Enable IEC61131 Syntax and select 1-based (Unity Quantum) as the register addressing in the Quantum begins at 1. The Double Word and byte order for the variables can be determined later once you get data moving.

Maybe that is enough info to get you going, but I won't go any further until you have answered the earlier questions.

G.

Modbus TCP_IP Driver.jpg

Thank you very much Geospark, yesterday before leaving the office did a final test, which was successful, the difference between the images you sent is to disable the box "IEC61130 syntax" and I recognized all the PLC digital variables, the could only have it enabled display analog variables measurements.
PS: I used Modbus TCP / IP
Thank you very much for answering Geospark