You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 4th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1
TimC114
United States

Graphite / Crimson Download Issue

Encountering a strange download issue from Crimson into a Red Lion Graphite G12. I have gone through several steps to try and figure this out, so hopefully someone can make sense out of what I've done so far:

1. Everything was working fine up until last Friday. I added many image (.jpg) files to an on-screen manual portion of our HMI, and tried to download over IP.

2. Download went smoothly up until "Item 1114 - Writing data block _ _" and then showed an "ERROR - The item could not be written". Tried it again, same result.

3. So, I unplugged the G12, removed the SD card, and rebooted holding in the "Factory Reset" button.

4. Tried to download database again, same result.

5. Downloaded an image copy of the database onto the SD card to try and boot from the card. G12 did not install the database.

6. Tried with a USB stick. Save image onto USB drive (formatted FAT), inserted into G12 > applied power. No result.

7. Tried to download directly via USB cord (not IP as I was doing previously). This time, the download got stuck at "Item 0330" and then gave a "No Reply from Remote Device" message.

8. Tried creating a new database with just a square on it. Successfully downloaded this via USB cord.

9. Altered IP settings back so that the G12 would support IP download. Downloaded new database to check if it worked. No problem.

10. Created a new database with just some of the same tags (no images) as the database I am trying to download into the G12 - got a "No Reply from Remote Device" message again! Is it something to do with a specific item in my database?

11. Tried to download earlier version of database via IP, and it worked!?!?

12. Ok, so now it seems to be working - I go back to the original database that I'm trying to update. Try downloading again, and it gets stuck again at "Item 1114" and a "ERROR - Item could not be written" message. Now, Crimson itself crashes with a "Shell application has stopped working" message.

Any ideas as to what might be going on here? Between Crimson crashing and the G2 not accepting much of anything, I feel like I have some fatal flaw in my database or something. Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks!
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #2
JeremyH
United States

Hi,
It certainly sounds like there is something going on with that program. Could you send it to me for review? jeremyh@redlion.net

Thanks
Jeremy
Red Lion Controls Inc.

www.redlion.net
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #3
padees
United States

I had an issue with with a G308 .cd3 crashing Crimson with a shexe.exe bug. It has a bunch of images in it. The file size was 35MB, so trying to figure a way to get it to Red Lion, I deleted unused images to knock the file size down... And that seemed to fix the problem. Don't really know what the real issue was.
Old August 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #4
giantjean
United States

I am having the same issue. Has someone figured out what the problem was?
Old August 21st, 2014, 09:47 AM   #5
mhopley
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantjean View Post
I am having the same issue. Has someone figured out what the problem was?
I had problems after updating to the latest version of crimson (619.004). it would not me update via Ethernet or USB. I had to create an image file on an SD card and then downloads would work fine.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum