1747-SDN error 77

AussieTow1

Hi forum readers. I am new to this forum and hope some of the knowledgable indiviuals can help me to resolve an issue.

I am recommisions a new robot facility with a SLC5/05 processor and Kuka robot. The system runs 2 devicenet networks. The robot is the master (node 00) and the SDN card (node 30 - on the PLC rack) is in slave mode. In the second network the SDN card (node 30 is the master) and we have a number of I/O modules off it. I am trying to send 30 bytes of information to and from the robot and PLC via the slave mode, polling the data and mapping it to the M1/M0 files (words - 15). The robot network is not faulting, but the SDN card is showing node 30 error 77. Node 00 is not in the scan list (because I want it to be the slave), and the I/O mapping appears correct 30 bytes (using RSnetworx in pass through mode). The networks used to work before I added I/O to the Wago units and an additional network module (encoder).

This has me stumped as the scanner scn lists and I/O maps look OK.Any ideas on the cause of this error, or pointer where to look?

There's a lot of 30's in there.

I don't have a lot of experience using the 1747-SDN in Slave Mode except with A-B scanners as the Master, but it sounds to me like you're doing it right.

When the 1747-SDN is in Slave Mode, you are correct that you don't put the Master into the 1747-SDN's Scan List.

Are these really two separate networks where each one has a 1747-SDN at Node 30, but one of them has the SLC as master to I/O modules and the other has the Kuka robot as the Master ?

Changing the network that has the 1747-SDN as the Master and Wago devices and encoders as slaves should have no effect whatsoever on the other network.

Are the 1747-SDNs located in the same SLC-500 chassis ? Or am I mis-understanding and this is a network with a single 1747-SDN that performs both Master and Slave functions ?

Thanks for the response guys.

Ken to clarify there is 1 devicenet trunk cable system but with 2 networks on it. There is one SLC5/05 with one SDN card. The SDN card (node 30) works as master for one network comprising 5 devices. It also works in slave mode for the robot network.

The robot network has the robot as master (node 00) , the SDN (node 30) as slave and one other device.

In RSNetworx I have the scanner slave mode enabled with 30 bytes of input and output data, mapped to the M1/M0 files.

The robot network is sending/receiving 15 words of data

The problem is the robot network is not giving any error, but the scanner (node 30) is giving error 77. So I am assuming this error 77 is appying to the setup of the slave mode conditions.

everything appears as it should work, hence my quandary.

Again thank you to Ken and George for offering assistance!

The problem is fixed. So to help others in the future I thought that I should post this. I had been chasing an error 30 77, thinking that was the main issue. The module also had a secondary error 15 80 which I took to mean the newly installed encoder was in idle mode. Finally after some outstanding help from a Rockwell support person I discovered the SDN error code sequence on the display is actually "error code" - "node that has the error code". I had assumed the sequence was "node in error" - "error code". Nowhere in the documentation did I see this sequence definition. It is amazing what you cannot see when it is right in front of you!

So instead of chasing 30-77, 15-80 what I should have been chasing was 77-15 (error on mapping encoder) and 80-30 (PLC idle).

After learning this within minutes the encoder issue was fixed (Ken your other post about Class Instance Editor was helpful) and I quickly found why the processor was idled. In the end the whole slave mode setup was correct!

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

I was going to ask about other codes but silenced myself because you were specific about the one error code.

Even the scrolling display on the 1756-DNB can be confusing about the node/code order, so I always get to the big table of node status values in the Status connection when I can.

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out, and thank you for posting the solution.