You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 11th, 2004, 07:51 AM   #1
Dieter

RSLINX OPC client with VB/C++

Hi, I am interested in seting up an OPC client due to the robust nature of OPC. I know Rslinks SDK can create OPC clients, but can anyone tell me where to find a VB OPC client that can access all the topics created in Linx. I would be interested to set it up on a local machine and then share the tag info accross RS232 to an electronic display board. Any ideas?

Cheers
Dieter
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:21 AM   #2
neil@opcware.com

RSLINX OPC client with VB/C++

Dieter,

Try http://www.opcware.com

Have a look at OPCWare Client Developer, it's a suite of ActiveX controls that have OPC client functionality built in. The installation includes VB6 and VC++ samples.

The OPCWareItemExplorer control will allow you to browse all the available tags in an OPC server, if the OPC server supports tag browsing. Off the top of my head I can't remember whether RSLinx supports tag browsing but you'll know straight away if you don't see any tags. For those OPC servers that do not support tag browsing, you can add tags by typing in the tag names, but you have to know the tag names.

Neil.
Old December 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #3
resonantblue
Canada

these are the droids i have been looking for! the emperor will be pleased.... thanks much!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum