You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 24th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #1
Deer
Singapore

Lost idea build a PLC trainer

Hi All,

I would like to build a PLC trainer/simulator, I have Digital Input and Output, Analaog Input and Output (0-10 VDC, 4-20mA),RTD module, and High Speed module.
On the front panel PLC simulator there are:
1)Many push buttons that connected to digital input
2)Many pilot lamps that connected to digital output
3)Potensiometers that gives source 0-10VDC and 4-20 mA connected to Analog input
4)Digital displays that will show up value from analog output (example digital Amperemeter will show value when potensiometer 4-20mA was turned or Digital Voltmeter will displaying 0-10VDC when potensiometer 0-10VDC was turned).
5)PT 100 sensor that connected to RTD module
6)Encoder that connected to High speed module(simulating rpm motor with turning encoder by hand)

My question:
What is the architecture to showing temperature value and speed/rpm using digital displays?
Is it good to use Scaling Meter(Digital Display) that connected to analog output (this display will make scaling from 4-20mA to engineering unit)?

Your advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Deer
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #2
shooter
Netherlands

I would make only very simple display, maybe even in bitmode or just simple, as it is read by normal plc. like hex or so.

on a display however (so in a scada system different story.
but a standard plc does only have simple lights, on a scada almost everything is possible.
i would make some simple screens, 1 for input 1 for output, 1 for registers, 1 for arithmetics, 1 for manual forced things 1 for communication.
but hey it is very basic a plc. however i do know several simulators so why invent the wheel again?
if so i am interested in result or as beta user.
Paul Deelen
J. Wassenaerstraat 29
NL 5224 GG 's-Hertogenbosch
+31653300739
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #3
jvdcande
Belgium

Deer,

our company has stopped constructing our own trainers. We found it better and cheaper to buy them from a firm called Lucas-Nülle . They offer a very good price/quality rate and an excellent service. We couldn't do better and cheaper ourselves.

Of course there are other firms with equal offers.

Kind regards,
L. Blondeellaan 9
B-8380 Zeebrugge
Belgium
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum