Unity Pro XL / Vijeo Designer Simulator

justin lutz

Hello all.

I was told that you could run a "desktop" simulation between these devices to test out your programming, but I am running into issues on the OIT side.

When I start the PLC simulator, all is well and I can step through the program.

When I start the OIT simulator, I receive the following error: "PLC returned error code. (FDH - C1C0H) (ModbusEquipment03)" where ModbusEquipment03 refers to my PLC. I am using 127.0.0.1 for the equipment IP address. The PLC is also configured with this IP address and is in Simulator Mode.

Does anyone see any glaring errors as to why I cannot get the "full" simulation to work?

Thanks,

Justin

I dont see anything wrong. I would just not put the plc address to 127.0.0.1. It is not needed to communicate to the simulator

It doesnt matter what the plc ethernet port is addressed in Unity. If you run the simulator In unity (Make sure you run the simulator) vijeo designer will pick it up at 127.0.0.1
You only have to specify in Vijeo designer that the equipment address is 127.0.0.1

Ok, thanks, Chud. Looks like I have it right then. Not sure what is causing the issue. No changes need to be made with my laptop IP address or Ports or anything?

Nope nothing like that. I just ran it again now on my laptop.
Maybe just run both unity and vijeo designer as administrator. Or turn firewall off and then test.

I allowed both programs under the firewall preferences, but that didn't seem to do the trick. I am going to keep plugging away, but I am open to any other suggestions from the forum. Thanks!

Found my problem

Symptom:
if you see '!', then at least 1 tag is the wrong address.
The trouble is if you simulate a PLC with a 'structured tag', you cannot know the real Tag address.
i.e.

DischPress_Hihi_SP - this is a 'flat tag'

DischPress.Hihi_SP = this is a 'structured tag'

The xvm file will tell you what the address is, but it is weird.

I see:-

DischPress_Hihi_SP address might be %MW1234, but
DischPress.Hihi_SP is %UV34.4428.32.255.REAL.707108060