CompactLogix (Code 16) Fault

micky

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a remote rack with a 1769-AENTR and a few 1769-IQ16. Every couple of days usually sometimes during the night the remote rack faults out the processor. Can't clear the processor fault unless I cycle the power on the remote rack. I've tried moving modules around to see if the problem follows a particular module but the module to fault is usually ether the 1st or 2nd module. This rack has 5 IQ16s in it. Any more info on what a (Code 16) error is?

Processor Fault:
6/1/2015 7:18:06 PM
(Type 03) I/O Fault
(Code 16) I/O module connection failed on required module.
Port: Backplane
Module: $d7feb6c0$
Error: Connection timed out
Info: <none>
I/O Module Fault:
(Code 16#0010) Mode or state module does not allow object to perform requested service

On the Connection tab for the 1769-AENTR, there will be a check box for "Major Fault on Controller if Connection Fails in Run Mode".

If you un-check that box, the controller won't fault and you will only be able to detect the communications failure with a GSV instruction that reads the Module Object.

You can diagnose the connection failure with your favorite Ethernet tools. Generally I start with the built-in web pages on the modules to see if they are showing me any CRC or framing errors.

What sort of indications are you seeing that show that it's the 1st or 2nd module in the assembly that is faulting ? What kind of inputs are wired to those module ?

It's already un-checked. I am assuming that the remote module that has the "!" on it is causing the issue. Inductive proxes and limit switches are on these cards.

PLC was faulted again this morning. "Major Fault on Controller if Connection Fails in Run Mode" was unchecked for the AENTR but none of the IQ16s.

To try to eliminate the possibility of a network issue I just changed the network setup from this:

PLC-----Stratix 2000-----Stratix 2000-----AENTR

To this:

PLC-----AENTR

Hi,

I am having the following error in studio 5000. It is for 1734 AENT point IO module.
"The mode or state of module does not allow object to perform requested service."
Please help me with this error.

Thanks

Hello wagas, and welcome to the forum.
I recommend that you initiate a new thread and provide as much information as possible, including screenshots and a description of the IO modules connected to the 1734-AENT. This post is from 2018 and not related to your problem.

Can someone guide me how to set speed reference for ACS580 drive. using ADD on instructions and after setting up a generic Ethernet module in studio 5000?
Thanks

A fresh question

Waqas,

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

For entirely different questions, please go back to the main Q&A page and click the green "Start A New Thread" button at the top.

Provide as much detail and context and information on the work you have already done as you can.