Remote device has screen control

realolman

What is happening when a panelview 550 says "remote device has screen control press any key" error 436

I have a SLC 500 and pv 500 which have been giving me fits. I finally got a different PV550 talking to the SLC and sometimes they work... other times it does this, and I don't know the reason for it..

It seems to be random, but that seems unlikely

44013 - PanelView displays Error 436 "Logic Controller has screen control"
Access Level: TechConnect

For the PanelView 550 application, the Screen Number Control Tag has been assigned an address in the SLC. Whatever value that address holds decides which number Display is active. Open the PanelBuilder32 application and check "Application Settings/Control Tags". Check what address has been assigned to the "Screen Number" Tag.

This address is, or should be, being programmatically controlled to switch Displays. When the SLC is finished doing whatever it does Display wise, then it should write a value of "0" to that address to hand back control of the Displays to the Operator.

It depends on how it's all supposed to work. Does the SLC always control the Display number, or only sometimes and then hands back? Your SLC program should tell you more.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
first of all thank you...

there are times when it all works as it should... and times like now when I can only see one screen and every button I push displays this "error"

It's a long story but this program in the PV550 is not quite the one it should be, but there are times when it works fine

I can only find two tags starting with screen ...."screen status" and " screen change" they both have many occurances in the logic

there seem to be hundreds of tags in the control tags box

realolman said:
...I can only find two tags starting with screen ...."screen status" and " screen change" they both have many occurances in the logic...

When you say "logic" do you mean in the SLC program or in the PanelView application?

You need to find what HMI Tag is assigned to the Screen Number Tag entry and then which SLC address is mapped to that tag. Once you have the SLC address you can look for it in the PLC program and try figure out what and when that address is written different values to change display screens...

PB32_PLC_Screen_Control.png

I looked at exactly what you have posted ...There is no tag called screen control

plus this acts like it's an error... 436

If I cycle power sometimes the HMI works and sometimes it doesn't

I found A place (out of many) where I can change the integer that controls this to Zero and that gets rid of the "remote device has screen control" and the HMI works as it should (THANKS GEOSPARK) how can I make sure this thing is set to zero at the beginning of each power cycle?

Update... there is actually a timer started by a first pass bit that holds itself for 22 secods and then through another bit, sets the "remote device has screen cotrol" bit to zero... I will have to look into this some more... anyway thanks a lot Geospark... I really appreciate it

Last edited:
realolman said:
I looked at exactly what you have posted ...There is no tag called screen control...

"Screen Control" is a user defined HMI Tag in my project. It could be called anything in your project. There is also "Screen Status" so the PLC can monitor the current Screen number. You are saying there is "no tag called screen control". OK, but are you saying there is no tag full stop, or is there some other tag in the "Screen Number Tag" entry box where you see "Screen Control" in my example?

To be clear, in my project...

The "Screen Control" tag has been user created in the Tag Editor.

PLC address "N49:66" has been user mapped to the "Screen Control" tag.

The "Screen Control" tag has been user assigned to the Control Tag "Screen Number Tag".

When the value of "N49:66" in the PLC changes from "0" to any valid Screen number, that Screen will load on the terminal.

Yes, it will most likely be some dodgy programming acting erratically due to scan order or a Oneshot or lack of.

G.

HMI_Screen_Control_Tags.png

Last edited: