You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 10th, 2015, 10:08 AM   #1
RammRras
Italy

Newspaper Read Tag comment during runtime in WinCC Flexible

I am trying to find out if there is a way to "read" the tag comments in WinCC Flex 2008 (SP3) during runtime.

I'm using WinCC Runtime on normal PC.

I'm sure that the comment is saved in WinCC Flexible becuse my HMI is integrated in Step 7 and I see that the Tags are created and linked to those of PLC. But I'm not able to acces that information during runtime for example via Script.

Many Thanks,
Any advice or information would be appreciated
Old June 10th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #2
mk42
United States

As far as I know, tag comments are only in the engineering, and not in the runtime. However, I've seen people do things like export their tags, and then import the comment text in via a script and a text file on the HMI. I don't have a sample program, though.
Old June 11th, 2015, 08:32 AM   #3
RammRras
Italy

Thanks for the reply mk42,
I also thought about doing it via script.
and it was also my fear!

It would have been nice if it was a property of the TAG usable in runtime, but Siemens did not think that could also be used to be displayed as well as provide project documentation.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum