You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM   #1
blackbird307
Canada

Connected components workbench: HMI Trends

I am trying to configure a trend in connected components work bench. It displays the x-axis with T-# from right to left, and displays the current time at far right. For some reason I can't see an option anywhere enabling me to change this. Further more, I can't find anything in manuals pertaining to this.

When I enable log trend onto storage device, the pen doesn't move anymore on the trend itself, however it still logs on my storage device without issue as far as I can see. But I can't visually see what's going on in the HMI. The pen is stuck and doesn't progress over time.

Now I am having another problem.... I can't log more than one trend.... I get an bland non descriptive error message "Property value is not valid" when I select trend storage location on an additional trend. If I remove trend storage location on other trend, and then add storage location on this trend, I don't get error message. I haven't looked at the specs relating to this, so I am not sure yet whether this is a limitation.

I have 4 trends.... Am I going to have to merge them all in one? This could be a problem because the ranges are substantially different, IE, range in low 10s mixed with range in high thousands. I won't be able to see range in low tends since my y-axis is so large.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Last edited by blackbird307; October 7th, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old August 12th, 2016, 08:36 AM   #2
emomorales
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Did you ever find out why? I'm having the same issue.
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Levi G
Canada

There is a setting in the trend properties that allows you to log while screen is not active which is false by default
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #4
emomorales
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I checked that it had no effect on any of the other things. I also don't like the fact that the trend graph doesn't show the date. As far as the log file I have not been able to find a workaround. Like Blackbird 307 I also need to have multiple Trends going at once with different scales. I don't think this is going to work for me unless they have come out with some kind of add-on for the trends.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum