Modicon Micro - setting for TSXCUSB485

Auto_Mate

Hello - I have to go online to one of our "museum" pieces, namely Modicon Micro. I have a USB to RJ45 interfaces, an official Telemecanique TSXCUSB485.

I've got three questions if anyone can help me please:

1) The interface has 4 settings on top, which one should I use: TER Multi, Other Multi, TER Direct, Other Direct. I'm guessing it's one of the Direct options but would like some sage assurance...
2) The RJ45 Cable - if that's one-to-one on pins, can I use an ethernet cable?
3) There's switch on the side for Polarisation. Off or on with Modicon Micro?

Many thanks in advance :)

modicon micro have rs232 ports, you don't need any rs485 converter. If you google modicon micro manual, you will see pinout for programming cable.

Which program you have, proworx or modicon/aeg Lmodsoft. (Lmodsoft needs real dos, programing won't work at windows environment)

Hi Lare - thanks for the info. Our Micros have a single RJ45 Comms port. I have now seen the wiring for RJ45 to D-sub 9-pin so I'll chop an ethernet cable to make one.

The software we have is ProWorx32 running on Windows 7, luckily the lappy has a serial port COM1 so we can configure to use that.

ok. check that you have maded cable right before connecting to laptop, pin1 at rj45 have +5v at modicon side and pin8 0VDC.
I don't remember anymore which is left and which right side on connector at plc.

The micro should use pl7 software. Unless this is an older version I am not aware of

The usb to rj45 convertor should be on ter multi. This is to allow an hmi connection or other device connection to the plc via aux port when you are connected to the plc on ter port.
I havent had the need for the polarisation so this is normally off.

Hello - I have to go online to one of our "museum" pieces, namely Modicon Micro. I have a USB to RJ45 interfaces, an official Telemecanique TSXCUSB485.

I've got three questions if anyone can help me please:

1) The interface has 4 settings on top, which one should I use: TER Multi, Other Multi, TER Direct, Other Direct. I'm guessing it's one of the Direct options but would like some sage assurance...
2) The RJ45 Cable - if that's one-to-one on pins, can I use an ethernet cable?
3) There's switch on the side for Polarisation. Off or on with Modicon Micro?

Many thanks in advance :)

TSX Micro, shudder........horrible little things, especially the funky Ethernet implementation.

The micro should use pl7 software. Unless this is an older version I am not aware of

The usb to rj45 convertor should be on ter multi. This is to allow an hmi connection or other device connection to the plc via aux port when you are connected to the plc on ter port.
I havent had the need for the polarisation so this is normally off.

if it is tsx micro, then pl7.

http://www.kintercontrol.com/main.php?page=products_desc&pid=19&catid=6&exp_item=1

but if it is older modicon micro, it was years before pl7 was released.

http://shop.softwerk.at/manufactur80,5746,AEG_Modicon_Micro_110_CPU_612_03_24VDC.html