SLC 100-150 Software?

Craig_M1973

Can anyone tell me what software I need to interface with the old allen bradley slc 100 and 150 plc's? Any help would be great, thanx..

Wow a blast from the past!
I do not remember the exact name but I do have the software at work. If you email me at the following address I’ll help out.

[email protected]

OK, I guess it's time to drag this info into the new forum... :rolleyes:

The software is available here (yes, for FREE!) and, before you ask, the manual is here

Dial-up users please note... The manual is almost 17MB

Hopefully, you already have the programming cable/converter... utoh Have you looked at the programming port on the PLC? :eek:

Using a Black Box Corp Short Haul modem Model 800A or similar
here are the connections.
Allen Bradley connector Black Box Corp. connection
pin 2 RXD- --------------- TXD+
pin 1 RXD+ --------------- TXD-
pin 3 TXD- --------------- RXD+
pin 8 TXD+ --------------- RXD-
pin 7 GROUND --------------- GROUND
The connections are transposed on the Black Box Corp. end.
The Txd+ goes to the Rxd- on the A-B Side.
The Txd- goes to the Rxd+ on the A-B side.
The Rxd- goes to the Txd+ on the A-B side.
The Rxd+ goes to the Txd- on the A-B side.
Here is the link:
http://www.isr.uc.pt/~lino/AIR/Arquivo/slc100.zip
For the pin-out on the 8-pin DIN connector go to this website:

http://www.gefanuc.com/totalcontrol...greylline/greyline_cable_diagrams/cbl-120.doc

Search the old plcs.net site for "slc100", be sure to switch on
all the options.

I believe a standard RS422 to RS232 converter would work if you
can't find the Short Haul Modem.

Saludos

saludos:

tengo el software del plc.. slc-100 de allen

y estoy consiguiendo cable pc-plc

Hi I'm studenty at the university
We are using slc 100/150
i downloaded the software that is in this post, but is different of what i'm using at the university, maybe i'm using an older version ??

Thank you Eric!
I am in tears just thinking about the ol' brick...
For questions about differences in software MariaN, AB and others wrote developement software for this brick. Popular is ICOM,,,,, now been consumed by Rockwell.

Bitmore

Last edited:
That software is "for FREE !" the same way songs are "for FREE !" on Napster.

I know A-B doesn't support those controllers anymore, and I don't have anything against guys making their living working on old hardware. It just sort of chaps my hide watching that Portugese technical university giving away my Company's property.

:mad:

I agree, Ken, BUT...

That link is nearly two years old. And I originally found it nearly THREE years ago (see THIS post in the old forum). But wait... The "last modified" date for that file is December of '97. Therefore, it has been sitting there nearly 6-1/2 years!... :eek:

I'm sure a simple 'Cease and Desist' request from A-B would have made it go away... :nodi:

One question though. Can you still purchase PCIS from A-B? If not, then what's the harm?... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Now that you know where the software is don't forget the programming cable, (two cans and a string).

Just kidding since Eric had already given you the advice to remember the cable.

The hardest part is finding multipair foil-shielded string. I keep misplacing the Belden number for it... :(

beerchug

-Eric

SLC-100 software

I recently purchased PCIS programming software for the slc-100. I have tried to use it but I have no manual for doing the Programming by PC and I can't do much more than start the first rung and that's all. Help!

slc 100 pcis software manual needed

Greetings,

I could really use the manual for the pcis software, however the links posted here seem to be defunct. Any chance someone with the manual could upload it to a site for a short while for me? Thank You!