1747-M13 Error Message

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
Added a 1747-M13 Memory Module to my SLC 5/04 processor. It has OS401 C 8 Firmware.

When I try and save the program to the M13 I get a "StoreToEeprom failed: 0x10" error. Any idea what is causing this? I tried it on the 5/04 and a 5/03 and still get the same error.

I seen a paper in the AB KB that seemed to address this but it is locked. I don't have a Techconnect Contract yet.

So if you have seen the paper or have any idea what is going on please let me know.

Thanks!!
Chris

That I don't know. I got it off Ebay. When I did the write to eeprom I selected the choice that isn't read only.

I tried to upload from the memory and it seems to work. So I am more confused than before. Why am I getting a error when it seems to work???

The Knowledgebase suggests that some network drivers (particularly Gateway drivers) will fail to deliver to "EEPROM success" response, which is why you get the error even when the EEPROM has been successfully written to.

If you test the EEPROM load and it appears to work, I think that you can safely conclude that it works but the confirmation reply is getting lost.

I've seen this error before, even when RSLogix wrote to the EEPROM successfully.

This is true.

It seems worse when the PLC is behind a serial converter, and it seems like it happens less with newer versions of RSLogix500.

When I burn an EEPROM:

1) Find some area of memory that is not used or one that I can safely change temporarily. Note the value there.
2) Store to EEPROM, and Save As..with a name you know is unique.
3) Leave the SLC in program mode and ignore any success or failure messages that may pop-up.
4) Change the value in your designated memory location from step 1.
5) Load from EEPROM. If the procedure worked, the value in the memory location should change back to what was burned and a compare should prove that the whole program matches what you had saved.
6) Put the SLC back in RUN mode, blow away any unneeded copies of the file, and be sure to clear S:5/8, so that if a load from EEPROM occurs in the future you will be able to tell that it happened.

I went through this process this morning through ethernet and a digi one IAP module to a 5/04 channel 0. I got the 'failed to store' error, but then using the steps above, proved that it did indeed actually work.

Thanks Guys!!! I am using Ethernet over a 1791-NET-ENI to Channel 0 on a 5/04. I never thought about the ENI being the issue.

I did a test similar to OkiePC did and it showed that the stored program is correct.

I am using the M13 on this processor because it is a spare. I may not be used for a long time. Would you recommend that I unplug the battery while the unit is being stored? How do I set up the S bits to load from the memory module when the unit is powered up? I am thinking S:1/10 would need to be set but are there any others?

Thanks again!!

I am thinking S:1/10 would need to be set but are there any others?

If you only want to load from EEPROM in the event of corrupted or missing program, then you should only need to set S:1/10

I am pretty sure you will get a major error if any of those bits are set and the module is subsequently removed...You have to clear the bits that call for the module in order to be able to run the machine without one.

I store the SLC with the battery unplugged, especially since you have a memory module or any other system of getting the thing loaded when it gets put in service.

I would only leave the battery connected if the spare had no memory module, was likely to be used within a year, and it would be impossible or difficult to load it later when needed.

Last edited: