1788 ENBT DaughterCard Flex I/O

Karinrinkashi

Hello Gentlemen,

I have been using my laptop and BootP software to inset IP addresses to the 1788 ENBT daughtercards that we are still using in some of our ancient Flex I/O devices.
But all of a sudden, this simple task of hooking up to the 1788 cards with DHCP on in the laptop, going to BootP and finding the MAC address, double clicking it and inserting the IP address by adding a relation. SIMPLE and takes only 5 minutes.

Except, now when i insert my IP address in the card, the MS and NS lights go straight to red with NS solid red and MS flashing red. NS light staying red means there is a duplicate IP address? How? The card isn't even hooked up to anything, and the card itself can't have two ip addresses? And the MS light in solid red means it is updating firmware? Why is it all of a sudden updating firmware and where from?

Has anyone encountered this duplicated ip address issue? What is bad is the fact that these cards are very rare to get nowadays.

Thank you for your help